International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Scientist-Genomics and Molecular Breeding through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Any Master Degree can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Scientist-Genomics and Molecular Breeding on or before 30/04/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)|
|Vacancy Name||Scientist-Genomics and Molecular Breeding|
|Total No of Vacancy||02 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||30/04/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) Patancheru, Hyderabad|
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)Scientist-Genomics and Molecular Breeding Recruitment:
- Scientist-Genomics and Molecular Breeding (Two Positions)
- ICRISAT is seeking applications from candidates from the Asian region, who are dynamic and highly innovative Genomics experts, to undertake research on genomics and molecular breeding in Grain Legumes (one position) and Dryland Cereals (one position) of the semi-arid tropics. The Scientists will be based in ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and will work within the Research Programs on Grain Legumes and Research Program on Dryland Cereals, respectively reporting to the Research Program Director-Dryland Cereals and Research Program Director-Grain Legumes.
- ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Evaluate the utility of genomics methods to enhance the rate of genetic gain
- Coordinate implementation of genomic tools across Grain Legumes / Dryland Cereals breeding programs
- Utilizing genomic information for breeding
- Handling genotyping and phenotyping data generated
- Handling logistics for and actively participating in workshops, meetings
- Fund raising through development of research projects in collaboration where possible, with partners
- Compiling and analysis of results and writing reports, and
- Write research papers, guide students and supervise research technicians and participate in organizing workshops, training programs and capacity‐building activities
- Ph.D. in Plant Biotechnology, Genetics, Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, or related discipline with a minimum 3 years of post-doctoral research experience in the field of applied genomics and next generation genomics for crop improvement.
- The candidate should have experience of genomics applied to crop improvement together with good knowledge of genetics, genomics and plant breeding.
- Ideal candidate should be well aware of latest next generation sequencing, different genotyping technologies, trait mapping, molecular breeding approaches (genomic selection, marker-assisted backcrossing), and computational tools. Preference will be given to candidate with good publication record and working experience with large number of partners across the world.
- The job involves working in inter-disciplinary team in multicultural and multinational environment and the ability to interact with partner organizations. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- This is a staff position in the Scientist and Managerial Group (SMG) Cadre with an attractive & competitive salary and benefits package. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)Scientist-Genomics and Molecular Breeding Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/04/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Scientist-Genomics and Molecular Breeding Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics(ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 30th April 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/04/2015
19-01-2017 , 20-01-2017