International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist through recruitment notification – International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist on or before 25/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name:International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name:Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Total No of Vacancy:01
Job Location:Across india
Last Date to Apply for this job:25/05/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy:International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT), Across india
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist Recruitment:
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT, established in 1972, and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
The successful candidate will work in direct liaison with the other centers (IITA and AfricaRice) M & E officers, AfDB contract staff, and will report to the ICRISAT Country Representative through the Sorghum commodity specialist. The M & E specialist will be responsible for the development and application of appropriate M & E methods and tools for all activities of the ATASP-1 project. He/she shall coordinate the process of data collection, analyses, report writing and gathering of information necessary for ascertaining the attainment of the project objectives. He/she will coordinate M&E activities closely with the ICRISAT M&E expert in terms of methodology to ensure coherence of approaches across ICRISAT and across the project.
- The Job:Information Collection and Analyse
- Explore and gather information from various sources including participatory field exercises, field surveys and interviews, project documents, Reports of National Bureau of statistics (NBS), National Planning Commission (NPC), AfDB official reports, FAO and World Bank reports on Nigeria Economic and Agricultural sector
- Develop and manage project database in a manner that will be easily retrievable by staff and partners. These shall include the baseline and all subsequent data or information generated through project implementation economic and statistical analysis of the Sorghum commodity value chain
- In collaboration with other project staff, establish relevant indicators including local criteria and indicators for the monitoring and evaluation of Sorghum Value Chain Development and Socio-Organizational improvements in project areas
- Generate relevant data in close collaboration with other project staff like the Agronomist, Seed Systems Specialist and Sorghum Commodity Specialist on the agronomic, socio-economic, cultural and institutional aspects of Sorghum value chain development in the target Sorghum Hubs. Collate and analyze data/ information for annual and periodic assessment of ICRISAT Sorghum -ATAPs project outputs
- Monitoring and TrainingPlan and implement activities related to the monitoring of project activities based on pre-established indicators at household, groups and field levels in all project areas
- Plan and organize meetings and fora for dialogue that results in information gathering and monitoring with farmers and other Sorghum sector stakeholders
- Prepare monitoring schedules, action plans to track and follow-up all input data/ information as well as ensure the integration of all data
- Build capacity for project staff involved in M & E data collection
- Project Evaluation and Training
- Supervise as may be required in conjunction with engaged consultants and the AfDB project task officer, field surveys on aspects of project outcomes
- Draw important lessons from project implementation and organize annual M & E review meetings with leaders of farmer groups, district and other project implementation team
- Report and Narratives Writing
- Undertake periodic reporting on M&E of the project in accordance with established reporting format, schedules and periodicity for project management and donors’ interest
- Write monitoring reports for use of project implementation team and donors. Review recommendations of the Annual Program Review (APR), identify needs and define actions to address bottlenecks and problems in project implementation
- Feedback and Accountability
- Make periodic reports to the project managers as maybe required for program documentation and reporting to partners
- Contribute to ICRISAT periodic and annual planning process by furnishing timely information on the M & E aspects of the ATASP-1 project. Coordinate activities closely with the ICRISAT Sorghum M&E expert in terms of methodology to ensure coherence of approaches across ICRISAT Sorghum and across the project
- The Person:M.Sc. in Social Science, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, or related discipline. Specialized post graduate training in project management/M&E
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in bilateral or multilateral donor-funded programs with at least 3 years of specific responsibility as M&E specialist
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Access, and MS Project is essential
- Ability to develop, install and manage databases
- Familiarity with project logical framework to track input, output and impacts are essential
- The Reward:This is a Scientist and Managerial Group (SMG) Cadre position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for two years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) – Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 25/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 25th May 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 25/05/2015
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017