International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Project Accountant through recruitment notification – International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed B.A/CA can apply for the new recruitment notification from International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Project Accountant on or before 25/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name:International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT)
Vacancy Name:Project Accountant
Total No of Vacancy:01
Job Location:Across india
Last Date to Apply for this job:25/05/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy:International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT), Across india
Detail of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) Project Accountant Recruitment:
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT, established in 1972, and is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
The project accountant is responsible for recording, analyzing, and reconciling transactions, monitoring expenditures, preparing financial reports, implementing internal controls, and safeguarding assets of the projects.
The position will report to the ICRISAT Head of Finance through the Country Representative and Sorghum Commodity Specialist.
- Analyze project expenditures and prepare quarterly cash flow as well as financial statements including variance analysis for submission to the Lead Center.
- Monitor project funds utilization and schedule of installments to ensure up to date funding status information is readily available
- Prepare documents required to support the financial report for submission to Lead Center or as requested by the donor
- Interact with the Sorghum Commodity Specialist to clarify issues on financial report, answer queries, give updates on the financial status and ensure compliance to donor requirements
- Bookkeeping and accounts records;
- Banking and bank reconciliation;
- Verification of payment vouchers and claims;
- Invoice matching for goods received;
- Banking, verification and preparation of vouchers to be paid in Naira / USD
- Verification and approval of petty cash disbursements;
- Staff and supplier advances liquidation;
- Cash receipt and disbursement;
- Manage physical inventory of fixed assets and capital items
- Labor and payroll payments;
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly statements & payment vouchers
- Provide assistance for workshops/events and orientate clients on need basis;
- Help to prepare accounting documents/data for audit exercise
- Interacts with NARS & other Partners for advances justifications
- Handle any other tasks and assignments warranted by the position or by the CR
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Certified Public Accountant, or Chartered Accountant or equivalent accountancy professional qualification
- At least three years working experience as an accountant, in accounts department or financial Institution
- Working knowledge of French will be an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a pleasing work ethic to be able to interact with all partners within and outside the ICRISAT
- This is a Scientist and Managerial Group (SMG) Cadre position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for two years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
Selection Procedure for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT) – Project Accountant Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 25/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Project Accountant Vacancy in International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics(ICRISAT):
Applicants should apply on or before 25th May 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 25/05/2015
30-10-2016 , 31-10-2016