International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invites application for the recruitment of Communication Manager with MA holders
Company name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Posts : Communication Manager
Qualification : MA
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Last date to apply : 20.11.2014
Details of Post :
ICRISAT invites applications from Indian nationals, who are dynamic and innovative persons, for the position of a Communication Manager, to be based at ICRISAT Headquarters, near Greater Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
A new global alliance has been recently initiated to overcome poverty and malnutrition in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. The focus of the Program is to provide livelihood options and better nutrition through a comprehensive research-for-development (R4D) undertaking for the once ‘orphan’ or neglected dryland cereal crops.
This has created an exciting opportunity for communication specialists who want to make a difference in the world. You will need to be able to communicate about life-changing scientific developments to encourage further funding and partnerships. The CGIAR Research Program applies modern crop improvement, crop and pest management, seed systems interventions, up-scaling and out-scaling technologies/innovations, and related high-priority value-chain interventions to maximize the benefits that dryland cereals offer to smallholder farmers, especially women, in developing countries. See details at http://www.drylandcereals.cgiar.org.
The position will report primarily to the CG Research Program Director, who will provide overall direction and supervision; and secondarily to ICRISAT’s Director of Strategic Marketing and Communication who will provide strategic communication expertise and guidance along with communications support. The Communication Manager will provide day-to-day communications support to ensure the effective implementation of the communications strategy of the Program. She/he will actively engage with communication specialists and staff of all partner CGIAR Centers and other organizations ensuring that all partners have input in the strategic direction of the Program communications and are kept informed of the progress.
- Develop a range of compelling communication/information materials for different target audiences.
- Identify communication needs of target audiences of the Program and suggest and implement a range of innovative and crosscutting communication strategies along with the supporting tools and activities.
- Lead in writing and production of communication materials such as development stories, press releases, brochures, newsletters, posters, video scripts, reports, PowerPoint presentation and other products.
- Implement a dynamic web strategy to communicate the results and findings and issues related to the Program.
- Manage the program website and social media in line with the Program’s communication strategy.
- Coordinate the content generation for the Program website and other social media platforms, including writing, editing and preparing stories and social media messages.
- Improve learning and sharing of information between partner organizations through the facilitation of knowledge sharing and communication.
- Scope and identify internal communication and knowledge sharing with partners’ strategic research programs.
- Engage partners through knowledge sharing mechanisms, for example, regular updates by email and e-newsletter.
- Attend, facilitate and/or document Program meetings as required.
- Develop and implement an information management strategy, as well as a monitoring and evaluation strategy for the Program communication work plan and activities.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated high-level expertise and experience in writing communications material, in English.
- Experience in working in agricultural and development fields.
- Experience in developing communication products for a range of audiences using different methods (e.g., web/social media, video, radio, print and other materials).
- Strong understanding of communications and web management, and public awareness campaigns.
- Excellent team worker and ability to interact with partners/clients.
- A Post-Graduate Degree in communication, journalism or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications work.
- Commitment to excellence with the ability to identify new opportunities and deliver high quality results with a high degree of autonomy.
This position is in the Scientist and Managerial Group (SMG) Cadre with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 20 November 2014 on-line through internet, Click here to apply online , with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. The reference name of the position (Program Manager-Project Management) should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the email. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 20.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ICRISAT|
24-01-2017 , 25-01-2017