International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invites application for the recruitment of Program Manager with M.Sc holders
Company name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Posts : Program Manager
Qualification : M.Sc
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Last date to apply : 20.11.2014
Details of Post :
The Program Manager, reporting to the Director-CG Research Program (CRP), Dryland Cereals, will be responsible for all aspects of project monitoring and evaluation. This individual will oversee and coordinate all the monitoring and evaluation activities including designing data base systems for conducting full M&E tracking of indicators and output activities.
- Familiar with the operation of multi-disciplinary international programs focused on agricultural research for development
- Conversant with International Agricultural Research
- Shows commitment to the objectives and outcomes of the CGIAR Research Program
- Good knowledge of the program partners relevant to the product lines
- Good communication skills, including both written and oral communication
- The Program Manager acts in support of the CRP Director and has responsibility for maintaining up-to-date information on project status and budget utilization. S/he will provide integral support to monitoring and evaluation processes for the CRP, whether conducted internally or commissioned externally. The Program Manager will assist in the collation and coordination of material relevant to CRP reporting. The Program Manager will assist the CRP Director to:
- implement standard internal monitoring and evaluation processes with the guidance of the CRP Director support externally commissioned monitoring and evaluation processes as required assist with the development of technical reports in collaboration with team members monitor and report on utilization of budget and commitments to facilitate accurate decision making
- work in collaboration with the Communication Manager to organize Project workshops and prepare reports on proceedings
- Assist with the procurement and management of Project assets, inventory and other resources.
- Effectively coordinate reporting on Finance, HR, Communications, Training and IT issues, in collaboration with the Program’s Communication Manager, and the institute’s Knowledge Management and Sharing (KSI) team.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CRP Director.
- Designing appropriate systems for managing project data (at source, collection, collation, and for reporting);
- Assists in the design electronic (e.g. database) and manual (e.g. paper-based) systems for tracking indicator data;
- Design reporting formats and frameworks for indicator data;
- Coordinate M&E staff training;
Candidate Profile / qualifications:
- A M.Sc. degree in an agriculture-related discipline, with minimum 5 years of experience in the agriculture sector. Thorough understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation principles is a pre-requisite. Experience in seed industry, and/or experience in project management, operations management or business administration is highly desirable.
- Excellent negotiation, written / oral communication and presentation, skills. Proficiency in English. Advanced internet skills.
- Proven ability in integrating technical reports
- A team player, with a high level of cultural sensitivity
- Encourage gender and diversity
- High level of confidentiality, responsibility and discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure and provide effective coordination
- Experience of working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
Knowledge of Project Management Software (MS Project, PMP or similar). Exposure in the area of marketing. Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation. Knowledge of an additional local language (Telugu, Hindi, etc.)
This is a position in the Scientist and Managerial Group (SMG) Cadre with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 20 November 2014 on-line through internet, Click here to apply online , with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. The reference name of the position (Program Manager-Project Management) should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the email. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 20.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ICRISAT|