International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invites application for the recruitment of Scientific Officer with M.Sc holders
Company name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Posts : Scientific Officer
Qualification : M.Sc
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Last date to apply : 30.11.2014
Details of Post :
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of CGIAR, and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food and nutritional security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of pearl millet sorghum, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- QTL mapping, marker-assisted selection (MAS)
- Wet lab operations, molecular marker data analysis
- DNA/ RNA isolation, pre-& post PRC operations
- Constitution and implementation of field trials
- Supervision of field technicians for data collection, and seed production
- Analysis of experimental data and data management
- Assist the scientist in preparation of scientific and technical reports
- Monitoring of multilocation trials and working closely with project partners
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken) with good communication skills
- Proficiency in QTL mapping software, basic bioinformatics skills, Statistics and Computer skills (MS-Office, data analysis, etc.)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
- Post Graduate from a reputed University in Plant Breeding/ Genetics/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Botany
- 1-2 years of experience in marker-assisted breeding/ genomics/ plant breeding/ genetics at a research institute/ University/ private sector company, with good aptitude for lab and field work
- Experience in pearl millet field experimentation and maintenance breeding is preferable
The position is for two years (extendable by one more year), renewable annually based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply on or before 30 November 2014.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 30.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ICRISAT|