International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invites application for the recruitment of Senior Scientist with M.Phil/ Ph.D holders
Company name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Posts : Senior Scientist
Qualification : M.Phil/ Ph.D
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Last date to apply : 30.11.2014
Details of Post :
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. In ESA, ICRISAT has its regional hub in Kenya and country programs in Ethiopia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Design and conduct research projects for transgenic-breeding for the development of technologies which are climate smart, resilient to pest and diseases, safe to eat, providing enhanced nutritional value, and prevent malnutrition contributing to a sustainable SAT agriculture.
- Develop pipelines encompassing a broad range of biotechnology solutions that progressively merge to deliver effective solutions to constraints of the semi-arid tropics.
- Explore and employ technological improvements including developing synthetic biology tools for plant genetic engineering and exploiting new methods and strategies for crop species exploring new scientific directions that impact trait discovery and functional validation of novel genes.
- Responsible for applying and optimizing biotechnological tools towards trait discovery, transgenic breeding, and translational activities on genetically engineered crops, besides complementing innovations such as “Doubled haploid breeding platforms ” to strengthen the breeding pipelines in grain legumes and dryland cereals.
- Explore insights derived from basic biological science and assessing their potential contribution to trait development, Risk assessment methodologies for food, feed and environment safety, and participate in out-reach and capacity building activities.
- The roles and responsibilities are expected to be exceptionally diverse and would suit an individual with proven expertise in molecular biology and genetic transformation research, who is enthusiastic and much motivated to evolve to research oriented to translational research involving public and private sectors.
- The research will involve multi-disciplinary fields and working together with different research teams comprising of physiologists, molecular geneticists, pathologists, entomologists, agronomists and socio-economists.
- Knowledge of international biosafety and food safety regulations, intellectual property rights, principles of biosafety procedures for transgenic crops, and translational research is highly desirable.
- The research involves setting-up of project goals, structuring work plans, and managing and monitoring progress together with building scientific teams and knowledge in relevant area of research.
- Prepare project proposals, project reports and research papers for publication in reputed journals.
- Ph.D. degree in biotechnology and/or plant sciences with 6-8 years post-doctoral experience in plant tissue culture, development of transgenic crops, and their evaluation under greenhouse/confined fields.
- Working experience with groundnut, pigeonpea, chickpea, sorghum, pearl millet or other cereal crops with an interest in both basic research and development-oriented research involving these crops.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and excellent communication skills.
- Conceptual and report writing skills and record of international peer-reviewed publications in refereed journals.
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders and multi-disciplinary team.
- Should have aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments.
- Willingness to travel in the region and globally.
This is an internationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent and funding availability. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 30 November 2014 on-line through internet, using the following URL: Click here, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin in November 2014, and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 30.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ICRISAT|
11-12-2016 , 12-12-2016