International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invites application for the recruitment of Special Project Scientist (Biometrics) with M.Phil/ Ph.D holders
Company name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Posts : Special Project Scientist (Biometrics)
Qualification : M.Phil/ Ph.D
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Last date to apply : 15.11.2014
Details of Post :
Special Project Scientist (Biometrics)
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) based at ICRISAT Head Quarters, is seeking applications from Indian nationals, who are result-oriented, highly motivated, and qualified candidates for the position of Special Project Scientist (Biometrics). The selected candidate will be a member of IRRI team of scientists based at ICRISAT and Based on project specific objectives conceptualize and develop research and data management methodologies to meet research requirement.
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the Consortium of Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its Head Quarters at Los, Banõs, Philippines. IRRI is engaged in different aspects of rice research and has its offices in sixteen countries including India.
Job Responsibilities & competencies
- Manage the implementation of the research agenda, review existing course of actions, develop work plan, set milestones and supervise the implementation of research activities
- Co-ordinate, develop and supervise experimental design, randomization, field books for observations, analysis of research data, verify quality of experimental data and interpret research finding based on the objectives
- Assure and adopt quality data management system, provide training on data analysis to associated staff.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Has extensive proven technical proficiency in research
- Has strong analytical data skills, with some experience in quality assurance
- Has some experience with research management
- Has excellent computer skills; strong writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
PhD in Statistics with 3 years of experience in Biometrics
The position is initially for 3 years, and renewable further based on performance and funding availability. An attractive all-inclusive lump sum consolidated compensation will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line latest by 15 November 2014 (CLICK HERE), with a letter of motivation, full Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15.11.2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From ICRISAT|
25-10-2016 , 26-10-2016