International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invites application for the recruitment of Special Project Scientist with Ph.D holders
Company name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Posts : Special Project Scientist
Qualification : Ph.D
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Last date to apply : 15.11.2014
Details of Post :
Special Project Scientist:
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) based at ICRISAT Head Quarters, is seeking applications from Indian nationals, who are results-oriented, highly motivated, and qualified candidates for the position of Special Project Scientist (Water saving Rice Technologies). The selected candidate will be a member of IRRI team of scientists based at ICRISAT and will conceptualize, plan and conduct research studies including activities such as preparation, improvement and/or development of necessary research tools, data collection, analysis and interpretation of water saving rice technologies and water saving rice varieties in South Asia.
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the Consortium of Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its Head Quarters at Los, Banõs, Philippines. IRRI is engaged in different aspects of rice research and has its offices in sixteen countries including India.
Job Responsibilities & competencies:
- Work closely with collaborating partner(s), exchange information and present research findings, undertake large scale seed multiplication of promising lines in collaboration with national partners in India, Nepal and Bangladesh.
- Implement evaluation of water saving rice varieties in India, Nepal and Bangladesh in collaboration with national partners
- Assure and adopt quality data management system, provide training on water saving rice technologies and quality seed production to various stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Has extensive proven technical proficiency in research
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English;
- Has some experience with research management
- Has excellent computer skills
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
Job Qualifications/ Requirements :
PhD in Plant Breeding and Genetics with 3 years of experience in varietal evaluation, and seed multiplication
The position is initially for 2 years, and renewable further based on performance and funding availability. An attractive all-inclusive lump sum consolidated compensation will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Please apply on-line latest by 15 November 2014 (CLICK HERE), with a letter of motivation, full Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted. IRRI and ICRISAT are equal opportunity employers, and are especially interested in increasing the participation of women on their staff.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 15.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From ICRISAT|
20-01-2017 , 21-01-2017