International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) invites application for the recruitment of Visiting Scientist with M.Phil/ Ph.D holders
Company name : International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Posts : Visiting Scientist
Qualification : M.Phil/ Ph.D
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Last date to apply : 15.11.2014
Details of Post :
ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic and young Indian nationals for the position of Visiting Scientist (Gender and adoption studies). This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, near Greater Hyderabad, Telangana State, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics. The Visiting Scientist will contribute mainly to the CGIAR Research Program on ‘Dryland Systems: Integrated Agricultural Production Systems for the Poor and Vulnerable in Dry Areas’.
- Use your skills to identify intervention strategies that are effectively adopted by farming communities and lead to better livelihoods especially for youth and women.
- Participate in the design and development of methodological tools and frameworks, especially via surveys and participatory research, for better highlighting gender issues in research for development projects.
- Identifying the effect and constraints to adopt technological interventions.
- Facilitate and undertake provision of training and effective capacity building of ICRISAT and its partners to mainstream gender in the Resilient Dryland Systems Research Program in South Asia.
- Use excellent qualitative and/or quantitative analysis skills to monitor and analyze the gender mainstreaming processes during program design and implementation.
- Produce research reports, scientific publications and other communications.
Candidate Profile & Qualifications/Skills:
- PhD in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Gender in Development, Rural Development Studies, Economics, Human Geography, or related fields
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in gender in rural development/or agriculture/natural resource management in developing countries, particularly in Asia.
- Strong capabilities in qualitative and/or quantitative analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong academic publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- Ability and willingness to travel in rural areas of South Asia.
- Demonstrated quality of judgment and the ability to think strategically, assessing and responding to new challenges in rural and agricultural development
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work in teams as well as develop a close and effective working relationship with research and development partners
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent working knowledge of modern computer packages and electronic communication.
This assignment is for a period of 2 years and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent. An attractive all-inclusive lump sum Assignment Fee will be paid to the right candidate.
How to apply:
Please apply on-line latest by 15 November 2014, using the following link Click here, with a letter of motivation, full Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15.11.2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From ICRISAT|