Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) invites application for the recruitment of Research Mentorship Program with Any Graduate holders
Company name :Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
Posts :Research Mentorship Program
Qualification : Any Graduate
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 01 Jan 2015
Details of Post :
Research Mentorship Program
JIPMER in its year of Golden Jubilee year has instituted the Research Mentorship Program for Undergraduates (RMPU).
- The aim of this Research Mentorship Program for Undergraduates is to promote interest and aptitudes for research among undergraduate students and to stimulate them to associate themselves with the Faculty –Mentors to undertake and collaborate with their mentors in various aspects of research. This program will provide them an opportunity to familiarize themselves with research methodology and be associated with a Faculty in their mutual area of interest. This will facilitate the students in undertaking independent projects and serve as an incentive for them to take up research as a career in the future.
- The program will initially be introduced for MBBS students pursuing their undergraduate course in the first phase and later extended to all the UG disciplines.
- It was decided that faculty with extramural research projects and with previous research projects/publications with undergraduate students will be preferred to be the mentors in this program. However, this will not be exclusive for mentorship.
Guidelines for the research mentorship program
- Call for Expression of Interest from all regular faculty members of JIPMER who have completed at least one year at JIPMER as Faculty.
- Faculty Mentor can have a maximum of 3 students at any given period of time.
- Undergraduate students are free to choose their mentors from the approved list by the UGRMC which will be put on the website and will be periodically updated.
- Brief Curriculum Vitae and photograph of the mentors will be posted on the website.
- Once 3 students are enrolled with a mentor for the UG mentorship program, the mentor’s name will be reflected as unavailable on the website
- Mentor will have the freedom to declare the maximum number of candidates the mentor can take based upon the individual’s discretion. However, the maximum limit will be three students.
- The mentor can take a maximum of 2 students in a year.
- A mentee can have a total duration with a mentor ranging from 1 to 2 years. The minimum duration will be one year of mentorship and can be extended by a maximum of one more year. No extension after that will be approved under any circumstances. If a mentee discontinues the program prematurely he will not be allowed to pursue the program in future.
- A student (mentee) can have only one mentor at a time.
- Students with mentors will be preferred for the GJ-STRAUS projects. Application form for GJ-STRAUS will have a column to mention “Mentee” or “Not a Mentee” in future.
Benefits for research mentors
- A certificate of appreciation for mentors will be issued to the mentors. Best mentor award may be instituted in the future.
- Faculty Mentors with extramural projects as PI will be given back of 15% of overhead charges granted in extramural funding from Institute.
HOW TO APPLY :
The program is proposed to start from 1stJanuary 2015.
The proposed format of application for mentorship is has been put on the JIPMER website under Research/Research Committee/UGRMC/Proformas. Submission to – Dr. Vikram Kate, Member Secretary, Undergraduate Research Monitoring Committee (UGRMC). E-mail: [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 01 Jan 2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From JIPMER|
24-10-2016 , 25-10-2016