Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Assistant Professor on or before 15/5/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)|
|Vacancy Name||Assistant Professor|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15/5/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||The Section Officer, Recruitment Cell, Room No. 131-132,|
Detail of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Assistant Professor Recruitment:
The Centre for Social Medicine & Community Health, School of Social Sciences has a vacant faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor on contractual basis, as per the following essential qualifications, “Desirable Qualifications” and other terms and conditions.
|Post||No of post||Qualification||Salary|
|Assistant Professor||01||Desirable Qualifications (i) Teaching and research experience of Social Science in Health; (ii) Inter-disciplinary teaching and research experience. Essential Qualifications ASSISTANT PROFESSOR SCALE OF PAY: Rs. 15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs. 6000 *(Consolidated salary will be fixed as per rules of the University) 1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks or, an equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the 7 point scale with letter grades O,A,B,C,D,E and F at the Master’s Degree level, in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University. 2. M.Phil and Ph.D. in the relevant field prescribed in appropriate cases, a desirable or essential qualification. The minimum qualifications shall not be relaxed even if a candidate has research degrees like M.Phil or Ph.D. 3. a) Qualification in the National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lecturers conducted by the UGC, CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC (disciplines in which NET is not conducted are exempted from this condition). b) Candidates who have been awarded the Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of qualification in the NET. For direct recruitment of Assistant Professor in the University, weightages to be considered for selection alongwith other specified eligibility qualifications shall be as stipulated in the Regulations 2010. Interview criterion, out of 100 points, shall be as follows: a) Academic Record and Research Performance: 50% b) Assessment of Domain Knowledge and Teaching skills: 30% c) Interview Performance: 20%||Rs. 15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs. 6000|
Selection Procedure for Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) – Assistant Professor Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/5/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Assistant Professor Vacancy in Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU):
- Application Form can be obtained/submitted in person on payment of Rs. 500/- by demand draft from candidates belonging to General & OBC category or can be obtained by post by sending a demand draft for Rs. 520/- (Rs. 500/- plus Rs. 20/- postal charges for General & OBC category). Payable on any nationalized bank in favour of the Finance Officer, Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi (non-refundable) to The Section Officer, Recruitment Cell, Room No. 131-132, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067.
- The application form can also be downloaded from JNU website: www.jnu.ac.in and the duly filled-in application form can be submitted alongwith the demand draft of Rs. 500/- in case of General and OBC category to the University at the above address. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PH candidates. They can also obtain the application form in person by producing the copy of the caste certificate.
- For any query email at [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/5/2015
26-10-2016 , 27-10-2016