Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Assistant Professor through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Assistant Professor on or before 15/05/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)|
|Vacancy Name||Assistant Professor|
|Total No of Vacancy||NA|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15/05/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||The Section Officer, Recruitment Cell, Room No. 131-132, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067.|
Detail of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Assistant Professor Recruitment:
The Centre for Social Medicine & Community Health, School of Social Sciences has a vacant faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor on contractual basis, as per the following essential qualifications, “Desirable Qualifications” and other terms and conditions.
- SCALE OF PAY: Rs. 15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs. 6000 *(Consolidated salary will be fixed as per rules of the University)
- Essential Qualifications: Good academic record with at least 55% marks or, an equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the 7 point scale with letter grades O,A,B,C,D,E and F at the Master’s Degree level, in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University. M.Phil and Ph.D. in the relevant field prescribed in appropriate cases, a desirable or essential qualification. The minimum qualifications shall not be relaxed even if a candidate has research degrees like M.Phil or Ph.D. Qualification in the National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lecturers conducted by the UGC, CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC (disciplines in which NET is not conducted are exempted from this condition). Candidates who have been awarded the Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of qualification in the NET.
- Desirable Qualifications (i) Teaching and research experience of Social Science in Health; (ii) Inter-disciplinary teaching and research experience.
Selection Procedure for Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) – Assistant Professor Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/05/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Assistant Professor Vacancy in Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU):
- Application form duly filled, in all respect by the candidate must be supported by self-attested copies of all certificates, Mark Sheets, evidence of teaching, research experience and M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D./NET certificates, copies of reprints of published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth, etc. DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED WITH THE APPLICATION MAY BE SECURELY TAGGED IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER TO AVOID LOSS IN HANDLING.
- Incomplete application form without signature of candidate or without the prescribed fee shall summarily be rejected.
- Application Form can be obtained/submitted in person on payment of Rs. 500/- by demand draft from candidates belonging to General & OBC category or can be obtained by post by sending a demand draft for Rs. 520/- (Rs. 500/- plus Rs. 20/- postal charges for General & OBC category). Payable on any nationalized bank in favour of the Finance Officer, Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi (non-refundable) to The Section Officer, Recruitment Cell, Room No. 131-132, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067.
- The application form can also be downloaded from JNU website: www.jnu.ac.in and the duly filled-in application form can be submitted alongwith the demand draft of Rs. 500/- in case of General and OBC category to the University at the above address. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PH candidates. They can also obtain the application form in person by producing the copy of the caste certificate.
- For any query email at [email protected] The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has undesirable clandestine/antecedents and has suppressed the said information, then his/her service shall be terminated.
- The applications should reach the University at the address given below within one month from the date of publication of this advertisement on the JNU website. Last date for submission of applications completed in all respects, shall be 15 May, 2015.
- A candidate, who has applied earlier informally and sent his/her bio-data/academic vitae earlier to the Vice-Chancellor or any other competent authority of the University, must apply by following the procedure.
- Candidates are advised to submit their applications well in time and do not wait for the last date of receipt of applications. The University will not be responsible for postal delays etc. and no correspondence/queries will be entertained from candidates on this account.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/05/2015