Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Proposal through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed Ph.D can apply for the new recruitment notification from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Research Proposal on or before 30/08/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Vacancy Name :Research Proposal
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : NA
Salary : NA
Job Location : Delhi
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 30/08/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi
Detail Of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Research Proposal Recruitment:
Introduction The Centre for the Study of Regional development (CSRD), JNU, and the Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) of the ILO-UNICEF-World Bank have an ongoing Agreement of Cooperation for certain activities promoting research and better understanding of child work and youth employment. Under the AoC, the Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) has offered support to graduate (i.e. M. Phil / Ph. D.) students of the CSRD as well as other Centres in the School of Social Sciences of the Jawaharlal Nehru University for the completion of research projects in the area of child labour and youth employment. Interested graduate students are invited to submit a research proposal to be considered for this support. This document provides background on UCW, the support offered by UCW to graduate students, and describes how to apply.
- UCW The UCW programme is an inter-agency research partnership involving the International Labour Organization, UNICEF and the World Bank. Initiated in 2000, UCW produces research aimed at informing policies in the areas of child labour and youth employment. Research covers child labour and youth employment challenges in their various dimensions – their nature, extent, causes and consequences – as well as which policy approaches are most effective in addressing them.
- Support offered to Ph.D. students of the School of Social Sciences, JNU UCW will support the implementation of a policy-oriented research project on child labour and/or youth employment by up to five students in the PhD program. The research projects should be fundamentally empirical in nature, although they may contain a theoretical component. The research projects may cover all aspects of child labour and youth employment, but preference will be given to topics that are relevant for policy. The support will consist of a research grant of up to US$5000 and technical feedback by UCW experts .
- The research projects are expected to be completed by September 30, 2016. The research projects may be used as a chapter in the students’ dissertation. Students are expected to seek approval and support for the implementation of the research project by their PhD advisor.
- Research Proposal Students are invited to prepare a research proposal to be considered for this support. The proposal should outline the research question, the (policy-) relevance of the research question, the data to be used in answering the research question, the proposed methodology, and a short description of the most closely related literature. The research proposal should also describe how the proposed research fits in the students’ broader dissertation research. The research proposal should be no longer than two pages.
Selection Procedure For Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) – Research Proposal Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 30/08/2015
- The participating PhD students will be jointly identified by UCW and the Centre for the Study of Regional Development based on their research proposal. Short-listed students may be asked to give a presentation of their proposal during a joint UCW-CSRD workshop which will be held during the first week of September 2015. Priority will be given to research proposals that are detailed, technically sound, and clearly written. UCW and the Centre for the Study of Regional Development UCW are equal opportunity employer and qualified female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply For Research Proposal Vacancy in Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU):
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 30/08/2015
27-10-2016 , 28-10-2016