Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Research Assistant through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed MA can apply for the new recruitment notification from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Research Assistant job oo or before 12/01/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Vacancy Name: Research Assistant
Educational Qualification: M.A
Total No of Vacancy: 01 Posts
Job Location: Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job: 12.01.2015
Address for the Job Vacancy: Centre for European Studies School of International Studies Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi 110067
Detail of JNU Research Assistant Recruitment:
Applications are invited for the following purely temporary post in the Marie Curie Initial Training Network PRIMO (Power and Region in a Multipolar Order). PRIMO develops innovative research and training in the field of International Relations, in particular with respect to the growing importance of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa in international politics and the global economy. We are offering a position in a highly dynamic and stimulating scholarly community of regional power specialists. For more information see www.primo-itn.eu
- Description: The project investigates and evaluates perceptions of India within the EU as well as EU policy responses to the rise of India. It provides an account of how particular perceptions emerge and how they shape the responses of the EU to Indian policies in multilateral institutions. Research will also include a comparison of EU responses to India and to other emerging powers. The respective candidate has the possibility to pursue a PhD within the PRIMO network at the University of Hamburg.
- Research Assistant (R.A): One
- Area(s) of responsibility: Objective of the research undertaken by the Research Assistant is to study EU policy responses to the rise of India in multilateral institutions. The work includes research training and internships within the PRIMO network and writing research papers.
- Salary: is remunerated with a gross salary of EURO 32,070 up to 34,558 EURO per annum (paid in Indian Rupees), including a living allowance and mobility allowance according to the EC Marie Curie financial guidelines for this scheme. This full-time post will be offered on a fixed-term contract till September 2017.
- Requirements: Essential Qualification: An outstanding M.A. degree in a relevant field. Candidates should have a background in one or more of the following fields: international relations, international political economy, area studies and new qualitative methods. Fluency in English is expected from all candidates.
- Desirable Qualification: Knowledge of the European Union and its institutions, preferably a degree or research work in the EU or international research experience and additional language skills. Relevant study in one of the BRICS countries will be taken into account.
- Nationality: Open to all nationals including foreigners.
- Marie Curie eligibility criteria must be respected:
- Mobility: At the time of recruitment by the JNU, the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in India for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment under the project. Short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. Indian students are eligible to apply provided they fulfil the mobility criteria.
- Candidates must be, at the time of recruitment by the JNU, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate.
Selection Procedure for JNU Research Assistant:
- Candidates can apply on or before 31/12/2014.
- All applications will be screened by the International Consortium led by the University of Hamburg including Prof. Ummu Salma Bava and only shortlisted applications will be contacted for the interview that will be done by a JNU committee.
How to apply for Research Assistant Vacancy in JNU:
Please provide the following with: 1. An application on plain paper 2. A letter of motivation (max 1 Page) 3. A detailed CV 4. A photograph 5. Copies of degree and academic transcripts 6. Names and address of two referees 7. Proof of English language skills 8. A research proposal (max. 2,000 words on Old Powers’ Reactions and Responses to the Rise of India). The deadline for applications is 12 January 2015. Please send applications to both: [email protected] and [email protected] Ummu Salma Bava Principal Investigator Centre for European Studies School of International Studies Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi 110067 India. All questions can be sent by Email to: [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job: 12.01.2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From JNU|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|