Karnataka Health Promotion Trust (KHPT) invites application for the recruitment of Research Assistant, Regional Manager with MA/ M.Phil/ Ph.D/ MSW educational background
Company name : Karnataka Health Promotion Trust (KHPT)
Posts : Research Assistant, Regional Manager
Qualification : MA/ M.Phil/ Ph.D/ MSW
Salary : Rs.15,000-54,000/-P.M.
No of Post : 02
Location : Bangalore
Last date to apply : 30.11.2014
Details of Post :
Research Assistant, Regional Manager:
- No of post : 01
- Technical: Translation of tools, transcripts, discussion notes, resource materials etc from Kannada to English and back, ensuring that the meaning from source is retained Using software to provide and maintain (MS office/pdf) soft copies of the all resource documents Proofread, edit, clarify on transcripts and translated documents provided for use of internal and external researchers Interpretation of spoken local language during field visits, community meetings and discussions of managers, internal and external researchers
- Administrative: Supervision of field level research activities Support to coordinate training activities for research Coordinate field data collection as per plans made with Research Manager. Coordinate for all supervision activities with Research Manager and M&E officer. Coordinate compilation and archival of data transcripts, translations and other training/resource materials Maintain monthly field activity report Support administrative and finance related information
- Qualification and experience: Post Graduate in English or any equivalent health or development post-graduation degeee. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in translation (Kannada to English), and working on transcripts Previous experience in a health program at district level position, preferably previous experience of working with NGOs in HIV/AIDS programs. Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both spoken and written, in English and local language Experience in working in MS office including word and excel.
- Reporting: The Research Assistant reports to Research Manager, KHPT Bangalore and administratively report to Deputy Director – Finance, KHPT, Belgaum.
- Salary: The salary for the position is in the range of Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 18,000/ per month – which will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, interview performance etc.,
- No of post : 01
- Technical Support and Capacity Building: Along with taking the responsibility of Regional Manager she will continuously provide technical support to the CBO team members to improve their ability to make programme implementation effective and efficient. She also some time need to train the CBO staff in program management aspects.
- Advocacy and Networking : The Regional Manager is responsible for building strong linkages with the NGOs and CBOs working for the cause of reduction of partner violence in the district. The Regional Manager will assist CBO in building networks and linkages with other government and non-government organizations in the districts in connection with achieving the required results.
- Knowledge Sharing : Regional Manager will create forums within the district to share interesting and new programme related knowledge. Regional Manager will share good practices within the program and also outside by using knowledge sharing forums like newsletter, websites, webinars etc.
- Research : Regional Manager should coordinate the research related activities like quantitative and qualitative surveys being conducted in the program districts and targeted population. Regional Manager is also expected to contribute for the analysis of these different surveys. The responsibilities listed above are an illustrative list and not an exhaustive list. Additional responsibilities may be added from time to time depending on organizational requirements
- Qualification and experience : Post Graduate in Social Work / Social Sciences or any equivalent health or development post-graduation degeee. Minimum of five-seven (5-7) years’of relevant progressive experience and project management experience and experience in leading a team is desirable. Experience working with community based organizations of vulnerable populations is desired. In depth understanding of issues surrounding violence on women and empowerment is desired; Strategic thinking and expertise in gender analysis, knowledge in programming in support of women’s political and economic empowerment, gender justice and human rights; The position involves travel within the district and based in North Karnataka District Fluency in written and spoken English local language (Kannada) is a must Preference will be given to women candidates
- Reporting: The Regional Manager will be reporting to Program Director, Northern Karnataka.
- Salary: The salary for the position is in the range of Rs.43,200/- to Rs. 54,000/per month – which will be fixed based on qualification, overall experience, relevant experience, interview performance etc.,
How to Apply:
- The above position involves travel and preferences will be given to women candidates & candidates who have work experience with /Govt / Development sectors working in therelevant field.
- KHPT provides safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women candidates / physically challenged with required skills and willing to travel can apply for the position(s).
- Candidates for this project who are sensitive towards child protection and have experience working with children would be preferred.
- Interested candidates please apply using the prescribed KHPT ‘Application Format’ and email it [email protected] latest by 30thNovember, 2014. Candidates can visit www.khpt.org to download the Application Format
- Please note that applications which are not in the prescribed KHPT Application Format will not be considered for shortlistingand only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. HR DEPARTMENT Karnataka Health Promotion Trust IT Park, # 1-4, 5th Floor, Rajajinagar Industrial Area, Behind KSSIDC Administrative Office, Rajajinagar, Bangalore- 560044 Visit: www.khpt.org for more details
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 30.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From KHPT|