Kolkata Port Trust (KPT) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Railway Wing through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed 10th/12th/ Diploma/Any Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Kolkata Port Trust (KPT)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Railway Wing on or before 26.02.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Kolkata Port Trust (KPT)|
|Vacancy Name||Railway Wing|
|Educational Qualification||10TH/12TH/ Diploma/Any Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||26.02.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Subhas Bhavan, 1st. Floor, 40 Circular Garden Reach Road, Kolkata – 700 043|
Detail of Kolkata Port Trust (KPT) Railway Wing Recruitment:
“To couple, un-couple wagons, set the knuckle properly when the same is out of position, move/walk alongside backing rakes/wagons for observing safety and count number of wagons, exhibit signals to his co-staff from rear or front, check and set points for moving trains to the sidings and docks from EJC i.e. main marshalling/interchange yard, undertake shunting operations of wagons/rakes, board on engine, accompany driver and instruct him as per the signal received from fellow engine staff either from rear or front, secure the road level crossing by lowering barriers and blocking the road for vehicular traffic for safe passage of the train, cut iron string required for closing of wagon doors, close wagon’s door up to the satisfaction of railway Guard, open/close railway gates where no gateman is available, clean channels of railway track, check and set Rly. Track point as per directives given by his superiors/engine staff, clamp points, exhibit signals and board on Electric/Diesel Locomotive for piloting trains during receiving/dispatch from/to Eastern Railway, detach locomotive and release air pressure of incoming rake ,attach air pressur pipes of outgoing trains and ensure pressure continuity,deliver letters, advices etc. to different point, accompany Yard Clerks during night with torch light to facilitate recording wagon particulars from wagon labels etc. While working on locomotive, perform the work by conducting shunting operation, movement, placement and withdrawal of wagons at/from the sidings, docks etc . You will have to check condition of seals and labels of wagons and form/break trains as per disposal instruction obtained from KoPT Official on duty, record wagons numbers printed on the body of the wagons, carry out recording formalities of Down & Up trains including preparation of related papers, assist ATO at cabin by performing interchange formalities for reception of Down & Up trains, report to KoPT Official on duty of any derailment or accident or injury etc. During duty hours in shift will have to work at more than one place & point.”
- Kolkata Dock System invites applications from retired Indian Railway employees ( with experience in Railway Yard Shunting operations ) who have retired within last 3 years(01.012012- 31.12.2014) and less than 62 years in age as on 01.01.2015 for contractual engagement in Railway Yard under KDS of Kolkata Port Trust.
- They will have to appear for a medical test/examination at KoPT Centenary Hospital at Majerhat and only those who are found fit in such test/examination will be considered for contractual engagement.
- The engagement will be for a period of one year and on expiry of the said period, such engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the period of contract, KoPT reserves the right to enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms & conditions as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties.
- The contractual emploees will be paid a fixed consolidated remuneration of Rs.12,480/- per month.
Selection Procedure for Kolkata Port Trust (KPT) – Railway Wing Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 26.02.2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Railway Wing Vacancy in Kolkata Port Trust (KPT):
APPLICATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED / ADDRESSED TO TRAFFIC MANAGER, KOLKATA PORT TRUST, SUBHAS BHAVAN, 40, CIRCULAR GARDEN REACH ROAD, KOLKATA 700043 LAST DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION IS 5:00PM OF 26TH FEBRUARY, 2015. On selection , the selected candidate should signify their acceptance of the contractual engagement for one year by returning the copy of the letter of contractual engagement duly signed and witnessed and join duty immediately.
Terms and conditions for contractual engagement of Railway Wing:
- They may avail of the facility of KoPT accommodation(unfurnished) on payment of license fee/rent as applicable depending on the availability of quarters. Their offices will normally be at DRM EJC Office, Post Office – Brace Bridge, Kolkata 700088.
- They will be required to work full time for 6 days in a week and you will normally be entitled to a weekly off in a staggered manner. The weekly day of rest may be changed with prior intimation if situation so warrants. For work on any weekly off day/declared holiday in exigencies, they will be granted a compensatory day of rest conveniently in lieu thereof and will not be entitled to any other compensation, monetary or otherwise, for the same.
- They will be required to work in shifts on rotation, i.e. morning, afternoon and night as per the requirement. They may also be required to work in general shift duty, if situation so warrants. The shift timings are : Morning Shift (06:00/06.30 – 14:00/15.30 hrs.), Afternoon Shift (14:00/15.30 – 22:00/22.30 hrs.) & Night Shift (22:00/22.30 – 06:00/06.30 hrs.) depending on deployment in different wings.
- They will be entitled to 15 days’ leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement) which may be availed of with prior approval. For any unauthorised absence in excess of 15 days, pro-rata deduction will be made from the consolidated remuneration. 10. Additionally, sick leave to the extent of 10 days in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement) on illness may be allowed without any deduction from the remuneration on the basis of certification from KoPT Medical Officer. Intimation of sickness should be reported to the Sectional Officer/Reporting Officer forthwith in writing together with certificate of illness from a registered Medical Practitioner in addition to verbal intimation over phone.
- They will be entitled to Indoor and Outdoor medical facilities as are available in KoPT Centenary Hospital for self only. owever, no reimbursement for medicine/medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic test done outside or treatment received outside will be allowed. This restriction will not apply for treatment of any injury sustained due to accident occurred in the course of and arising out of this engagement.
- They will be responsible for the charge and care of the KoPT’s money, goods and stores and all other property that may be entrusted and will be accountable for the same.
- The contractual engagement may also be terminated by giving one month’s notice from either side. However, the engagement is terminable on 24 hour’s notice for unsatisfactory —————————————————————————————————————————————- Subhas Bhavan, 1st. Floor, 40 Circular Garden Reach Road, Kolkata – 700 043 performance and/or for any act considered to be derogatory/ detrimental to the interest of the
- KoPT. The engagement will be subject to candidate’s antecedent verification from the Police authoritie
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 26.02.2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From KPT|
|Other State Government jobs|
19-01-2017 , 20-01-2017