Kolkata Port Trust has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Marine Engineer Officer through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed B.Tech/ M.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Kolkata Port Trust
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Marine Engineer Officer on or before 25/08/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Kolkata Port Trust
Vacancy Name :Marine Engineer Officer
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech/ M.E/M.Tech
Total No Of Vacancy : 06 Posts
Salary : Rs.40,000/-pm
Job Location : Medinipur
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 25/08/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Office of Manager(P&IR), Haldia Dock Complex, Jawahar Tower Connector Building, P.O.-Haldia Township, Dist.-Purba Medinipur, PIN – 721607
Detail Of Kolkata Port Trust Marine Engineer Officer Recruitment:
Kolkata Port Trust, Haldia Dock Complex intends to engage 06 ** (Six) Marine Engineer Officer Class III (NCV – 2nd Engineer) on contract basis under the Marine Operations Division, Haldia Dock Complex, KoPT at Haldia. Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the aforesaid contractual engagement, the details of eligibility criteria of which are given below:- [** The numbers of engagements are indicative only. The same may increase / decrease in future, as per actual requirements]
- No of Post : 06
- Age: Age should be 25 years or above as on July 01, 2015.
- Essential Qualification: Candidate must have obtained Marine Engineer Officer Class III (NCV – 2nd
Engineer) License from Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, and Govt. of India.
- Experience: Candidate must have more than 01 year of experience as 2nd Engineer.
Selection Procedure For Kolkata Port Trust – Marine Engineer Officer Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 25/08/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Marine Engineer Officer Vacancy in Kolkata Port Trust:
- Interested candidates, fulfilling the above eligibility criteria and agreeable to the terms & conditions given in the enclosure, may apply in the enclosed proforma with one recent passport size photograph and self certified photocopies of relevant certificates / testimonials. Application in sealed envelope super scribed “Application for contractual engagement of Marine Engineer Officer Class III (NCV – 2nd Engineer)”, should reach the office of Manager(P&IR), Haldia Dock Complex, Jawahar Tower Connector Building, P.O.-Haldia Township, Dist.-Purba Medinipur, PIN – 721607, by August 25, 2015. Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria will not confer any right upon the candidate for selection. Management reserves the right to cancel the selection process without any reference to the candidates. Incomplete application or application received after the last date may not be entertained.
- The candidate’s engagement will be for a period of 1(one) year and on expiry of the said period, the contractual engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the contract, HDC, KoPT reserves the right to enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms and conditions as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties.
- The selected candidate will be engaged as Marine Engineer for 12 hrs shift from 06.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs at AM watch and from 18.00 hrs to 06.00 hrs next day at PM watch.
- The candidate will be required to be on board the vessel for 12 hrs./24 hrs. in a day, as per direction of Dy. Manager (Marine Engineering). During watch period the incumbents may be required to perform office work to assist Dy. Manager (Marine Engineering). The candidate will have to perform at least 26 shifts of 12 hrs. duration each every month.
- The candidate will normally be entitled to a monthly compensation of Rs. 40,000/- (Rupees forty thousand only) for performing 26 shifts of 12 hrs. duration each.
- The candidate will normally be entitled to a weekly off day after undertaking six 12 hrs. shifts. If situation so warrants, the weekly day of rest may be changed with prior intimation. For work on any weekly off day / declared Holiday in exigency, the candidate will be granted a compensatory day of rest conveniently in lieu thereof and the candidate will not be entitled to any other compensation, monetary or otherwise, for the same.
- The candidate will normally work at Haldia, however, in case of necessity; the candidate will be required to work at any place within the jurisdiction of the KoPT.
- The candidate will be provided with HDC accommodation (unfurnished) on payment of rent, as applicable. Electricity charges, for the said quarter, shall have to be borne by the candidate, at actual.
- The candidate will be entitled to 15 (fifteen) days leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement) which shall be availed of with prior approval. For any absence, in excess of 15 (fifteen) days, pro-rata deduction will be made from the consolidated remuneration.
- Additionally, leave on medical ground, to the extent of 10(ten) days in a year (12months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement) on illness shall be allowed without any deduction from the remuneration on the basis of certification from HDC Medical Officer. Intimation of sickness should be reported to the Head of Division / Reporting Officer forthwith in writing, together with the certificate of illness from a Registered Medical Practitioner, in addition to verbal intimation over phone.
- The candidate will be entitled to indoor & outdoor medical facilities as are available in Port Hospital, Haldia for self and spouse only. However, no reimbursement for medicine / medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic tests done outside or treatment received outside will be allowed. This restriction will not apply for treatment of any injury sustained due to accident occurred in the course of and arising out of this engagement.
- On official tour outside headquarters of Haldia Dock Complex, the candidate will be entitled to TA / DA, as applicable to the regular incumbents in the post of Engineerin-Charge, under M.O.Division, HDC.
- The candidate will be entitled to avail Canteen facility at HDC, KoPT.
- The candidate will be entitled to avail the transport facilities.
- The Manager (MO), H.D.C., or his authorized representative will be the Reporting Officer.
- The candidate will be responsible for charge and care of the HDC, KoPT’s money, goods and stores and all other property that may be entrusted on you and you will be accountable for the same.
- The contractual engagement may be terminated by giving one month’s notice from either side. However, the engagement is terminable on 24 hours’ notice for unsatisfactory performance and for any act which is considered to be derogatory / detrimental to the interest of H.D.C, KoPT.
- The candidate will have to submit police verification certificate from local police station.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 25/08/2015