Kolkata Port Trust invites application for the recruitment of Electrician with Any Graduate holders
Company name :Kolkata Port Trust Posts :Electrician Qualification : Any Graduate Salary : Rs.14,900/- per month. No of Post : 01 Location :Kolkata Last date to apply : September 05, 2014
Details of Post :
The engagement will be from Indian nationals for a period of 1(one) year and on expiry of the said period, the contractual engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the contract, HDC / KoPT reserves the right to enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties.
The selected candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- Age Age should not be below 25 years as on August 01, 2014.
- Qualification: Essential :a) Must have passed Madhyamik or its equivalent examination.b) Must possess National Trade Certificate in the trade of Electrician. c) Must have Workman’s Permit from the Directorate of Electricity.
- Desirable: Preferably completed full period of Apprenticeship.
- Experience : Must have 4 years’ experience in the trade of Electrician.
Other terms & conditions of contract :-
- The selected candidate will be responsible for indoor and outdoor electrification work,consisting of electrical wiring for lights, fans, motors, generators, switchgears, transformers, different electrical panels, overhead line work, including cable connections. He should be aware of general electrical safety aspects. He shall also be responsible forcarrying out any other job, as may be assigned by the superior authority.
- The selected candidate will be paid a fixed consolidated remuneration ofRs.14,900/- per month.
- The selected candidate will be provided with HDC accommodation (unfurnished) on payment of standard rent as applicable for the employees for the type of quarters allotted. Electricity charges for the said accommodation shall have to be borne by the candidate at actual.
- The selected candidate may be posted at any of the sections under Plant & Equipment Division.
- The selected candidate would report to the Section-in-Charge of the concerned section under Plant & Equipment Division, where he posted.
- The selected candidate will be required to work in shifts on rotation i.e. morning, afternoon, night & general shift duty, if situation so warrants. You will have to work for 6 days in a week and will be given a staggered weekly day of rest. If situation so demands, the weekly day of rest may be changed with prior intimation. In exigencies of work, you may also be booked on Holidays / Weekly Off days / Overtime hours beyond your scheduled duty hours, for which appropriate relief may be considered, as per the discretion of the Competent Authority.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to 15 days leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement), which shall be availed of with prior approval. For any absence, in excess of 15 days, pro-rata deduction will be made from the consolidated remuneration.
- Additionally, leave on medical ground to the extent of 10 days in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement) on illness shall be allowed without any deduction from the remuneration on the basis of certification from HDC / KoPT Medical Officer. Intimation of sickness shall be reported to the Head of the Division / Reporting Officer forthwith in writing together with the certificate of illness from a Registered Medical Practitioner in addition to verbal intimation over phone.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to indoor & outdoor medical facilities as are available in the Port Hospital at Haldia for self and spouse only. However, no reimbursement for medicine / medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic tests done outside or treatment received outside will be allowed. This restriction will not apply for treatment of any injury sustained due to accident occurred in the course of and arising out of engagement.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to avail the canteen facility of HDC.
- The selected candidate shall be responsible for charge and care of HDC / KoPT’s money,equipment goods and stores and all other property that may be entrusted on him and he will be accountable for the same.
- The contractual engagement may be terminated by giving one month’s notice from either side. However, the engagement is terminable on 24 hours’ notice for unsatisfactory performance and for any act considered to be derogatory / detrimental to the interest of HDC / KoPT.
- The selected candidate will have to submit character / antecedent certificate in the prescribed proforma after selection for such contract engagement.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested candidates, fulfilling the above eligibility criteria agreeable to the terms & conditions, may apply in the enclosed proforma with two recent passport size photographs and self certified photocopies of the relevant certificates / testimonials. Application in sealed envelope superscripting “Application for the contractual engagement of Electrician” should reach the office of Manager (P&IR), Haldia Dock Complex, Jawahar Tower Building, Haldia Township, Purba Medinipur, Pin-721607 by September 05, 2014. Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria will not confer any right upon the candidate for selection. Management reserves the right to cancel the selection process without any reference to the candidates. Incomplete application or application received after September 05, 2014 may not be entertained.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : September 05, 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Kolkata Port Trust||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
26-10-2016 , 27-10-2016