Kolkata Port Trust invites application for the recruitment of Fire Engine Driver with Any Graduate holders
Company name :Kolkata Port Trust
Posts :Fire Engine Driver
Qualification : Any Graduate
Salary : Rs.14,900/- p.m
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : September 25, 2014
Details of Post :
Fire Engine Driver
- The engagement will be from Indian nationals for a period of 1(one) year and on expiry of the said period, the contractual engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the contract, HDC / KoPT reserves the right to enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties.
- Age should not be bellow 25 years as on September 01, 2014
- The selected candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- Must have passed Madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- Must possess a Certificate of training in Fire Fighting from a recognized Institution / Centre.
- Must possess valid Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving Licence for at least 3 years.
- Must be able to maintain log book and other relevant records.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of operations and maintenance of different Fire Pumps, Equipments, Appliances and maneuvering of Foam Crash Tender.
- Must possess a sound health.
- Must be able to conduct, supervise & attend different fire drills and parades.
- Experience:Must have at least 1 year experience in fire fighting work, including some experience in driving various Fire Appliances like Crash Tender, Jeep Fire Tender, etc.(iv) The selected candidate will be responsible for :-a) He will attend the fire / emergency calls promptly with fire appliances and equipment viz.Foam Crash Tenders (FCT) / Fire trailer Pumps etc. at the shortest possible time.b) He will drive all types of fire vehicles, jeeps, etc. and operate all types of fire pumps under Fire Unit.c) He will keep ready in all respect the FCTs alongwith its in-built pump, shore-based fixed fire pumps, Fire Trailer Pumps and other pumps attached to port fire service at the commencement of his duty and also from time to time to face any sort of emergency situation.d) He will identify, if any and maintain them to the extent possible at station level.e) He will maintain log books of FCTs and all fixed and mobile fire-fighting pumps as per formats regarding ISO and keep his superiors informed from time to time.f) He will take part in all sorts of squad drill and fire equipment drill on regular basis and / or advised by his superiors.g) He will draw fuels and lubricants from stores for the use of portable as well as fixed fire pumps with proper record and responsibility.h) He will carry out any other job assigned to him from his superiors from time to time related to Fire Unit. (v) The selected candidate will be paid a fixed consolidated remuneration of Rs.14,900/- per month. (vi) The selected candidate will be provided with HDC accommodation (unfurnished) on payment of standard rent as applicable for the employees for the type of accommodation allotted. Electricity charges for the said accommodation shall have to be borne by the candidate at actual.(vii) The selected candidate will normally be posted at different stations of Fire Unit of Haldia Dock Complex. However, if so decided by the Competent Authority, the selected candidate may be posted at any other locations.(viii) The selected candidate will be required to work in shifts on rotation i.e. morning, afternoon, night & general shift duty, if situation so warrants. The selected candidate will be to work for 6 days in a week and will be given a staggered weekly day of rest. If situation so demands, the weekly day of rest may be changed with prior intimation. In exigencies of work, you may also be booked on Holidays / Weekly Off days / Overtime hours beyond your scheduled duty hours, for which appropriate relief may be considered, as per the discretion of the Competent Authority.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to 15 days leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement), which shall be availed of with prior approval. For any absence, in excess of 15 days, pro-rata deduction will be made from the consolidated remuneration.
- Additionally, leave on medical ground to the extent of 10 days in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement) on illness shall be allowed without any deduction from the remuneration on the basis of certification from HDC / KoPT Medical Officer. Intimation of sickness shall be reported to the Head of the Division / Reporting Officer forthwith in writing together with the certificate of illness from a Registered Medical Practitioner in addition to verbal intimation over phone.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to indoor & outdoor medical facilities as are available in the Port Hospital at Haldia for self and spouse only. However, no reimbursement for medicine / medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic tests done outside or treatment received outside will be allowed. This restriction will not apply for treatment of any injury sustained due to accident occurred in the course of and arising out of engagement.
- If the selected candidate is required to go on official tour outside headquarters of Haldia Dock Complex, the candidate will be entitled to TA/DA as applicable to Fire Engine Drivercum-Pump Operator.
- The selected candidate shall report to Sr. Fire & Security Officer of Haldia Dock Complex.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to avail the canteen facility of HDC.
- The selected candidate shall be responsible for charge and care of HDC / KoPT’s money, goods and stores and all other property that may be entrusted on him and he will be accountable for the same.
- The contractual engagement may be terminated by giving one month’s notice from either side. However, the engagement is terminable on 24 hours’ notice for unsatisfactory performance and for any act considered to be derogatory / detrimental to the interest of HDC / KoPT
- The selected candidate will have to submit character / antecedent certificate in the prescribed proforma after selection for such contract engagement.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested candidates, fulfilling the above eligibility criteria and agreeable to the terms & conditions, may apply in the enclosed proforma with one recent passport size photograph and self certified photocopies of relevant certificates/testimonials. Application, in sealed envelope, superscribed “Application for contractual engagement of Fire Engine Driver”, should reach the office of Manager(P&IR), Haldia Dock Complex, Jawahar Tower Building, Haldia Township, Purba Medinipur, PIN-721607 by September 25, 2014. Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria will not confer any right upon the candidate for selection. Management reserves the right to cancel the selection process without any reference to the candidates. Incomplete application or application received after the last date may not be entertained.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : September 25, 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Kolkata Port Trust||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
11-12-2016 , 12-12-2016