Kolkata Port Trust invites application for the recruitment of Inquiry Officers with MBBS/ Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma holders
Company name : Kolkata Port Trust
Posts : Inquiry Officers
Qualification : Any Graduate
Salary : Rs.18,200- P.M.
No of Post : 01
Location : Kolkata
Last date to apply : 26.11.2014
Details of Post :
Kolkata Port Trust intends to engage retired Govt. Officers as Inquiry Officers (I.O) on the following terms and conditions :-
- The engagement will be for a period of one year and on expiry of the said period, the contractual engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the contract, KoPT reserves the right to enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms and conditions as may be mutually agreed upon.
- The selected candidates should not be more than 70 years of age as on 1st November 2014.
- The selected candidates should be in sound health, physically and mentally. The candidate should have sufficient experience in the matters of disciplinary proceedings. The candidates who have acted as Enquiry Officer in the disciplinary proceedings will be preferred.
- The selected candidate shall not engage himself/herself in any other professional work or service, which is likely to interfere with the performance of his/her duties as Inquiry Officer.
- The selected candidate shall be appointed as I.O.s by the Disciplinary Authority of the Charged Officer whose case is entrusted to him/her.
- The selected candidate shall be entrusted with the Inquiries on ‘Case-to-case’ basis, by the Disciplinary Authority.
- The selected candidate shall maintain strict secrecy in relation to the documents he/ she receives or information/data collected by him/her in connection with the inquiry and utilize the same o nly for the purpose of Inquiry in the case entrusted to him/her. No such documents/ information or date are to be divulged to anybody during the Inquiry or after presentation of the Inquiry Report. The I.O entrusted with the Inquiries will be required to furnish as undertaking to maintain strict secrecy and confidentiality of all records/ documents/ proceedings etc. All the records, reports etc, available with the I.O Shall be duly returned to the authority which appointed him/ her as such, at the time of presentation of the Inquiry Report.
- The selected candidate shall be paid a lump sum remuneration of Rs. 5000/-(Rupees five thousand only), per completed Inquiry on submission of Inquiry Report.
- In addition, the selected candidate shall be paid Rs. 13200/-(Rupees thirteen thousand and two hundred only) as Transport Allowance per month.
- The selected candidate will be reimbursed, the cost of photocopy or any other incidental expenditure in connection with the departmental enquiries, if incurred.
- The selected candidate shall conduct the inquiry proceedings in the office premises of KoPT, allotted for this purpose.
- On official Tour, the selected candidate will be entitled to TA/DA as applicable to the serving officers of equivalent rank.
- The selected candidate may avail KoPT accommodation (unfurnished) on payment of license fee/ rent as applicable.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to 15 days’ leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement), which may be availed of with prior approval. For any unauhorised absence in excess of 15 days’ pro-rata deduction will be made from the consolidated remuneration.
- Additionally, the selected candidate will be entitled to 10 days’ Sick Leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement), on illness without any deduction from the remuneration on the basis of certification from the KoPT Medical Officer, intimation of sickness should be reported to the Head of the Department/ Reporting Officer forthwith in writing together with the Certificate of illness from the Registered Medical practitioner in addition to verbal intimation over phone.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to indoor and outdoor medical facilities as are available in KoPT Centenary Hospital for self only. However, no reimbursement for medicine/ medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic tests done outside or treatment received outside would be allowed.
- The selected candidate would be responsible for the charge and care of KoPT money, goods and stores and all other property that my be entrusted to you and you would be accountable for the same.
- As and when necessary, the selected candidate will have to appear in the Industrial Tribunal to depose on behalf of the Management to establish that the enquiry was held in fair and proper manner.
- The engagement is terminable on 24 hour’s notice for unsatisfactory performance and/ or for any act considered to be derogatory/ detrimental to the interest of the Kolkata Port Trust.
- The engagement would be subject to Police verification of antecedents.
How to apply:
Application furnishing detailed bio-data including name, date of birth, permanent address, address for communication, telephone/ mobile number, nationality, educational and professional qualification, experience and post held, extra curricular activities and relevant information with recent passport size photographs should be submitted in sealed envelope superscribed ” Application for Contractual Engagement as Inquiry Officer” to the Secretary, General Administration Department, Kolkata Port Trust, 15, Strand Road, Kolkata-700001 by 26th November, 2014. Incomplete application or application received after last date will not be entertained. Applicants may check eligibility status, interview date and result of selection from this website.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 26.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From KPT|