Kolkata Port Trust invites application for the recruitment of Law Officer with LLB holders
Company name : Kolkata Port Trust
Posts : Law Officer
Qualification : LLB
Salary : Rs. 20000-26000/- P.M.
No of Post : 02
Location : Kolkata
Last date to apply : 12.09.2014
Details of Post :
Kolkata Port Trust wishes to engage 1 full time and 1 part time Law Officer on contract basis for its Finance Department to be posted at 15, Strand Road, Kolkata – 700001.
Eligibility for engagement as a full time Law Officer :
The incumbent should be a qualified law graduate from a recognised university. He should be within 30 years of age. Should have relevant experience of 2-4 years of handling service, pension, labour matters at High Court as also all civil matters before Civil Court including matters relating to insolvency and money suits.
The job: He would be required to report to OSD (Finance) at KoPT, Head Office and will have to extend all required support to him in handling Court cases before Apex Court, High Court and Civil Courts. In addition to organising files and identifying in house references, he would be required to assist OSD (Finance) in writing arguments, affidavits, briefing advocates, pursuing court cases, identifying relevant Apex Court Orders and in handling all related jobs of the Law Cell of Finance Department. Adequate knowledge of working on computer is a must.
Eligibility for engagement as a part time Law Officer :
The incumbent should be a qualified law graduate from a recognised university. He should be within 40 years of age. Should have relevant experience of 8 – 10 years of handling service, pension, labour matters at High Court as also all civil matters before Civil Court including matters relating to insolvency and money suits.
Working hours: The incumbent would be required to report to OSD (Finance) at Finance Department at KoPT Head Office and would be required to work from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. on all working days i.e. Monday to Friday. In case of requirements he will have to extend support on Saturdays/ holidays to OSD (Finance).
The job: The incumbent would be required to analyse files of all running court cases, and take further actions. In addition to drafting of affidavits, firming up arguments, referring relevant High Court / Supreme Court orders to facilitate fighting Court cases, he would be required to brief the Advocates in conferences, follow up pending cases and would extend relevant support in handling all other jobs of Legal Cell to OSD (Finance) including attending High
Court / Civil Courts as may be required. Adequate knowledge of working on computer is a must.
Terms and conditions :
- The engagement will be for a period of one year and on expiry of the said period, the contractual engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the contract, KoPT reserves the right to enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties.
- The selected candidate will be paid a fixed consolidated remuneration of Rs. 26000/- per month.
- The candidate may avail of the facility of KoPT accommodation (unfurnished) on payment of licence fee / rent, as applicable. In addition, electricity charges shall have to be borne by the candidate at actual.
- iv) The office of the selected candidate will normally be at 15, Strand Road, Kolkata – 700001. However, the candidate may be required to work at any place / office within the jurisdiction of KoPT.
- The selected candidate will generally be required to work full time for 5 days in a week and will normally be entitled to a weekly off-day. However, in case of necessity, he / she may be required to work on Saturday without any compensation. For work on weekly off day / declared National holiday in exigency, he / she will be granted a compensatory day of rest convenient, in lieu thereof, and for this, no other compensation, monetary, or otherwise, would be granted.
- vi) The selected candidate will be entitled to 15 days leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of engagement for a lesser period) which may be availed of with prior approval. For any unauthorised absence in excess of 15 days, pro-rata deduction will be made from the consolidated remuneration.
- Additionally, sick leave to the extent of 10 days in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of engagement for a lesser period) on the ground of illness may be allowed without any deduction from the remuneration, on the basis of acceptable medical certificate. Intimation of sickness should be conveyed to the Head of the Department / Reporting Officer forthwith.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to indoor and outdoor medical facilities as are available in KoPT Centenary Hospital at Majherhat for self only. However, no reimbursement for medicine / medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic tests done outside or treatment received outside, will be allowed.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the charge and care of KoPT’s money, goods and stores and all other properties that may be entrusted to him and he will be accountable for the same.
- The contractual engagement may be terminated by giving one month’s notice from either side. However, the engagement is terminable on 24 hours ’notice for unsatisfactory performance and / or for any act considered to be derogatory / detrimental to the interest of Kolkata Port Trust. The selected candidate will not be allowed to continue his practice before any Court of Law during the tenure of entire contract period.
How to apply :
Mode of application All applications addressed to “ Financial Adviser & Chief Accounts Officer (I/C), Kolkata Port Trust, 15 Strand Road, Kolkata – 700001” furnishing detailed Bio-data, as per following format, should be submitted in sealed envelope superscribing “Application for contractual engagement of full time Law Officer” within 12.9.14.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 12.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From KPT|
28-10-2016 , 29-10-2016