Kolkata Port Trust invites application for the recruitment of Radio Officer with Graduate holders
Company name : Kolkata Port Trust
Posts : Radio Officer
Qualification : Graduate
Salary : Rs.24,000/-
No of Post : 02
Location : Kolkata
Last date to apply : 18.08.2014
Details of Post :
Kolkata Port Trust, Kolkata Dock System, intends to engage two number Radio Officer under
Marine Department on contract basis, on following terms and conditions:-
- The selected candidates will be engaged for a period of 1 year. On expiry of the said period the contractual engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the contract, KoPT may enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms and conditions as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties.
- The selected candidates must be in possession of valid GOC (GMDSS) Certificate with 2 years Sea experience. Preference will be given to the candidates holding 2nd Class COP Certificate in addition to GOC in GMDSS.
- The incumbent should not exceeding 55 years as on 1.7.2014.
- The selected candidate will be deployed on any KoPT vessel or shore establishments at Sagar, Haldia, Kolkata or any other place based on operational requirement.
- The selected candidate will be paid a fixed consolidated remuneration of Rs.24,000/- (Rupees Twenty Four Thousand) only per month.
- The selected candidate may avail of KoPT accommodation (unfurnished) on payment of license fee / standard rent as applicable to regular employees..
- The actual period of duty would be 26 days in a month i.e. selected candidate will be granted a weekly day of rest. However, in exigencies, when weekly day of rest might not be granted on the usual date for operational interest, a compensatory day of rest will be granted in lieu as convenient to KoPT and no other compensation, monetary or otherwise will be allowed.
- The selected candidate will have to man the Wireless Stations of KoPT, on Board the vessel and ashore for maintaining communication between ship to ship, shore to shore . For this purpose selected candidate will be posted on KoPT vessels and shore stations for a period of 8 to 15 days at a stretch depending upon the schedule of the vessel / shore stations. However, selected candidate will remain outstation not exceeding 16 (sixteen) days in a month on an average and for the balance period selected candidate will be required to work at shore establishment at Kolkata. The period of effective duty will be 8 hours a day.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to 15 days leave, which is to be availed of with prior approval. For any unauthorized absence in excess of 15 days, pro-rata deduction will be made from selected candidate consolidated remuneration.
- Additionally, the selected candidate will be entitled to 10 days sick leave on illness without any deduction from the remuneration on the basis of certification from KoPT Medical Officer, intimation of sickness should be reported to the Head of the Department / Reporting Officer forthwith in writing together with the certification of illness from a Registered Medical Practitioner in addition to verbal intimation over phone.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to Indoor & Outdoor Medical facilities as are available in KoPT Hospital for self only. However, no reimbursement for medicine / medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic test done outside or treatment received outside will be allowed.
- The selected candidate will also be entitled to Medical benefits as available in KoPT Hospital for injury sustained due to accident in course of and out of employment.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the charge and care of KoPT’s money, goods and stores and all other property that may be entrusted on selected candidate and would be accountable for the same.
- The contractual engagement may also be terminated by giving one month’s notice from either side. However, the engagement is terminable on 24 hour’s notice for unsatisfactory performance and for any act considered to be derogatory /detrimental to the interest of the KoPT.
- The selected candidate office will normally be at Marine Department, Kolkata Port Trust (Head Quarters), 15, Strand Road, Kolkata-700 001.
- The selected candidate engagement would be subject to clearance of the Police Verification Certificate from Local Police Station.
- The selected candidate will be provided free messing and lodging during the period of deployment on vessels and shore stations while being away from Kolkata.
- The selected candidate will have to report to the Chief Radio Officer having its office at Ramnagar, Kolkata.
Mode of application :
Application in plain paper furnishing detailed Bio-data Including name, date of birth, permanent address, mobile & residential telephone Nos., address for communication, nationality, educational and professional qualification, experience and any other relevant information with 2 recent passport sized photographs should be submitted in sealed envelope superscribing ” Application for engagement as Radio Officer on contract under Marine Department at Kolkata Dock System” to Director, Marine Department, Kolkata Port Trust, 15, Strand Road, Kolkata – 700001. Photocopies of educational and professional qualification certificates, age proof certificate should be enclosed. Last date of receipt of application is 18.8.2014.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 18.08.2014