Madras High Court (MHC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Law Clerks through recruitment notification – Madras High Court (MHC) Recruitment 2015 – NOTIFICATION NO.45/2015. Candidates who have completed LLB can apply for the new recruitment notification from Madras High Court (MHC)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Law Clerks Job on or before 24/4/2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Madras High Court (MHC)|
|Vacancy Name||Law Clerks|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||24/4/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Hon’ble Judges”, and addressed to The Registrar General, High Court, Madras-600 104|
Detail of Madras High Court (MHC) Law Clerks Recruitment:
The High Court has a proposal for selection/appointment of Law Clerks to the Hon’ble Judges (both in the Principal Seat at Madras and at Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court, Madurai), on adhoc basis for a period of one year, on an honorarium of Rs.7,500/- (under revision within the ceiling of Rs.25,000/-). Candidates should not have attained the age of 30 years as on the last date fixed for the receipt of the applications. Applications are invited from candidates for the assignment as Law Clerk to the Hon’ble Judges
- Candidate should be a Graduate in Law (under 10+2+3+3 or 10+2+5 pattern) from the recognized Universities in the Indian Union and recognized by the Bar Council of India for admission as Advocate or Attorney of an Indian Court.
- Candidates who have passed all his/her Examinations in the first attempt are alone eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have obtained his/her Law Degree not earlier than two years as on the date of Notification, are only eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk.
- Candidates pursuing Post Graduate Degree in Law or any other Degrees or Programmes requiring their compulsory attendance elsewhere are not eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk.
- The last date fixed for the receipt of the applications mentioned herein would be the crucial date to calculate the two year period as mentioned above.
- Selection will be made by the Hon’ble Committee appointed by the Hon’ble The Chief Justice.
- No Travelling Allowance will be paid to the Candidates who are required to appear before the Hon’ble Committee at Chennai.
- Selected Candidates will be posted either in the Principal Seat at Madras or at Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court, Madurai.
- Law Clerk is expected to assist Hon’ble Judges not only in the Judicial
- work but also in Administrative work.
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes, chronology of events.
- identifying facts and issues, questions that may arise or may need to be addressed.
- Research work including case Laws, Articles, Papers and in assisting in preparation of judgments, corrections and editing.
- Presence in Court during hearing of cases, notes of arguments, research on citations.
- Maintaining case files.
- Preparation of research or academic papers, speeches assistance in important conferences.
- Being aware of court procedures viz., method of filing of various categories of cases, provisions of law, movement of cases before and after filing, etc.,
- Statistical reports including timely delivery of judgments.
- Maintenance of books, other research papers and materials. and such other works entrusted by the Hon’ble Judge to whom the Law Clerk is attached from time-to-time.
- The assignment as Law Clerk is on full time basis. Law Clerks will be adhoc appointees and their engagement shall be initially for a period of one year from the date of their taking up their assignment, which can be extended for a further period of not exceeding one more year, subject to the approval of the Hon’ble The Chief Justice or the Committee nominated by the Hon’ble The Chief Justice. However, the assignment of any Law Clerk may be discontinued even before the completion of one year, without notice, if his/her services are found to be unsatisfactory. The Candidates should join their assignment of Law Clerk within the period specified in their order of appointment. No request for extension of time for joining the assignment of Law Clerk will be entertained, under any circumstances. Law Clerks shall not be treated or deemed to be a regular employee in the Madras High Court Service. Any Law Clerk intended to leave the assignment as Law Clerk within a period of one year shall be required to give prior notice of three months with prior intimation to the Hon’ble Judge to whom attached. No Law Clerk during the currency of their assignment shall be entitled to practice as an Advocate in any Court of Law or Tribunal or Authority and it will be obligatory for them after accepting the assignment as Law Clerk to inform the Bar Council concerned, in writing, that he/she shall not practice as an Advocate as long as he/she continues with the assignment as Law Clerk. The Law Clerks during the currency of their assignment shall not be entitled to take up any employment, engagement of whatsoever nature either on full-time or part time basis. The Law Clerk shall refrain from practicing before the Hon’ble Judge with whom he/she was attached for a period of two years after relinquishment of his/her assignment as Law Clerk. Candidates possessing the required qualifications may submit their applications duly signed containing full particulars viz., Name of the Applicant, Father’s Name, Academic Qualifications, Age, Date of Birth, Address for Communication with contact Telephone/ Mobile Number and a Passport size Photograph affixed on the right side top of the Application supported by copies of Educational Certificates including the statement of marks obtained in Law Degree (duly self attested by the candidate). Original Testimonials need not be enclosed. The right to call for appearance before the Hon’ble Committee is reserved.
Selection Procedure for Madras High Court (MHC)- Law Clerks Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 24/4/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Law Clerks Vacancy in Madras High Court (MHC):
Applications must be sent through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due and superscribed on the envelope as “Application for the post of Law Clerk to the Hon’ble Judges”, and addressed to The Registrar General, High Court, Madras-600 104, on or before 24.04.2015. Incomplete applications and applications received after the due date, will be summarily rejected and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Notification is also available in the website of the Madras High Court viz., http://www.hcmadras.tn.nic.in.
Important dates to remember:
Last Date to Apply for this job 24/4/2015
Madras High Court (MHC) Recruitment 2015 – NOTIFICATION NO.45/2015.
23-01-2017 , 24-01-2017