Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of ICSSR Fellowships through recruitment notification . Candidates who have completed MA,M Phil/Phd, MSc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the ICSSR Fellowships Job on or before 1/10/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS)
Vacancy Name : ICSSR Fellowships
Educational Qualification : M.A,M.Phil/Ph.d, M.Sc
Total No of Vacancy : 01 post
Salary : Rs.16,000/p.m
Job Location : Chennai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 1/10/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy :Madras Institute of Development Studies, No.79, II Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai-600 020
Detail of Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS) ICSSR Fellowships Recruitment:
- Applications are invited for four ICSSR Fellowships for Ph.D. in Social Sciences (Economics/Sociology/ History/Political Science/Anthropology/Development Studies).Candidates who got JRF from UGC can also apply. Reservation as per UGC norms. Selection of candidates will be strictly on the basis of the evaluation of written test, interview and the availability of Supervisors and their area of specialization
- Eligibility : Post Graduation with, at least, 55% marks in (Economics, Sociology, History, Political Science, Anthropology and Development Studies). Candidate should have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) or obtained M. Phil. or have published two research articles in reputed journals in social sciences (please attach reprints). Scholars are eligible to register only after Ph.D. Foundation Course. In case of the non-clearance of Foundation Course/non-registration, his/her fellowship may be withheld / discontinued. The employed applicants have to take consent from their employer at the time of submitting their application form for the award of the fellowship. Candidates who got JRF from UGC can also apply. They have to apply for fellowship to UGC to get the fellowship through MIDS.Reservation as per UGC norms.
- Age : The upper age limit for a doctoral fellow is below 35 years as on 1st October 2015 (relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST). For teachers and professional staff of research institutes holding regular posts, the upper age limit would be 45 years.
- Value of the Fellowship & Contingency Grant : As approved by ICSSR the Fellowship amount for the first two years will be of Rs. 16,000/- per month with a contingency of Rs. 15,000/- per year. Duration of the Fellowship is two years and extendable by one year. This extension is applicable to unemployed scholars subject to satisfactory performance
Selection Procedure for Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS) – ICSSR Fellowships Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 1/10/2015.
- The selection of candidates will be strictly on the basis of evaluation of candidate’s performance in written test, interview and the availability of Supervisors and their area of specialization.The selection will be on the basis of qualification, research proposal, written test and personal interview. Short-listed candidates will be called for interview. The interview date will be notified subsequently
How to apply for ICSSR Fellowships Vacancy in Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS) :
Application must be sent to Madras Institute of Development Studies, No.79, II Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai-600 020. The last date for the receipt of completed applications along with the research proposal (not exceeding 1000 words) is 01.10.2015
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 1/10/2015
08-12-2016 , 09-12-2016