Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Junior Research Fellow Job on or before 15th May 2015 Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU)|
|Vacancy Name||Junior Research Fellow|
|Total No of Vacancy||03 Post|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||15th May 2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Dept. of Genetics Centre for Excellence in Genomic Sciences School of Biological Sciences, Madurai – 625 021|
Detail of Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
Applications are invited for temporary Junior Research Fellow (JRF) admission and to engage in a Department of Biotechnology (DBT) funded Unit of Excellence (UOE) in Cancer Biology – Cancer Genetics Project entitled “Development of genomics guided novel diagnostic and targeted therapeutic strategies for gastric cancer”, under the guidance of Dr.G.Kumaresan, Principal Investigator, Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Dept. of Genetics, School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University.
- JRF-1: Essential Qualifications: First class M.Sc., or P.G. in Zoology / Genetics / Genomics / Biotechnology / Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry or related branch of life sciences with core hands-on experience for a minimum of 4 months in Molecular Biology or Cell Biology projects.
- JRF-2: Essential Qualifications: First class M.Sc., or P.G. in Zoology / Genetics / Genomics / Biotechnology / Biomedical Sciences / Biochemistry or related branch of life sciences or PG degree in the professional biomedical courses related to the project with core hands-on experience for a minimum of 4 months in handling Tumor samples / Immuno-histochemistry / Histo-pathology / Cancer Cell culture / Microarray profiling.
- JRF-3: Essential Qualifications: First class M.Sc., or P.G. in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Systems Biology / Genomics or related branch of Bioinformatics with core hands-on experience for a minimum of 4 months with Computational Genomics / Microarray data analysis / RNA SEQ data handling / usage of R programming language / usage of PERL programming language in the projects.
- The specified experience during M.Sc., dissertation also would be considered. Applicants with none of these experiences will not be considered. The specified experience & exposure must be supported by dissertation or publication or certificate from supervisor. NET, BET, etc., Qualification Criteria & Fellowships: As per DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dt. 21.10.2014 & as per DBT norms.
- Duration: Until the project period of March 2020 / DBT support, with performance based annual assessment.
- Ph.D Registration: The selected candidates would be considered for Ph.D registration at Madurai Kamaraj University under the Supervision of Principal Investigator as per MKU regulations.
Selection Procedure for Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU)- Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15th May 2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU):
Applicants must submit separate applications, if applying for more than one position. Interested candidates may send 2 copies of their curriculum vitae with self-attested copies of the consolidated mark statements, NET/BET/etc., document copy, reference letter from supervisor, experience certificate, and other relevant documents to the following address on or before 15th May 2015. The JRF Number for which application is submitted must be indicated on the envelope and cover letter. Address: Dr.G.Kumaresan Associate Professor & Head, Dept. of Genetics, Unit of Excellence in Cancer Genetics School of Biological Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai – 625 021. www.mkuniversity.org& www.oncocellomics.org
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15th May 2015