Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Fellowship through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed MD/ DNB can apply for the new recruitment notification from Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Fellowship on or before 20/06/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC)
Vacancy Name : Fellowship
Educational Qualification : MS/MD/ DNB
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs.36,000/- per month
Job Location : Thalassery
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 20/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : The Director, Malabar Cancer Centre, Moozhikkara PO, Thalassery, Kerala-670103
Detail Of Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC) Fellowship Recruitment:
Malabar Cancer Centre Malabar Cancer Centre is an autonomous institution under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Kerala. This is being developed as a teaching institution to train doctors, nurses and other paramedical personnel in various fields of oncology. Cancer prevalence in India is estimated to be around 2.5 million, with over 8, 00,000 new cases and 5, 50,000 deaths occurring each year. This indicates the need for more expertise in this field. Management of cancer is not a single modality treatment. It needs multimodality approach and hence, treatment of such patients requires trained specialists. The concept of oncology is very much important for a proper management of cases, which intern decides the quality management of cancer
- Duration: The proposed duration of the course will be 2 years.
- No. of seats: Intake of candidates will be limited to 2 per year.
- Commencement of course: Course will be starting in August every year
- Requirements for Fellowship 1. The candidate should possess MS/DNB degree in General Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics or Gynaecology 2. Candidates should not cross 35 years as on 1st June 2015.In-house candidates are eligible for 5 year relaxation in the age criteria. 3. Candidates from government health services have no age limit to apply for the fellowship
- Educational Objectives The goals of this fellowship are to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary training to individuals who are committed to a career in surgical oncology. The fellowship programme will be a two year course The fellowship training will provide a broad exposure to a multidisciplinary management in basic oncological concepts including the Surgical aspects, Radiotherapy and Medical Oncology Upon completion of a two-year fellowship, the surgeon may aim to possess the following characteristics: a) Expertise in the multidisciplinary management of patients with common cancers in India b) Oncological aspects of Surgery in common cancers c) Broad knowledge and comprehension in principles of: radiation oncology, medical oncology, oncopathology, diagnostic radiology/nuclear medicine and research d) Judgment and ability to perform complex tumor resections and an understanding of the technical limitations of the procedure e) Appreciation of scientific methodology, study design, clinical trials and data analysis f) Ability to practice effectively in an academic, tertiary care setting and to participate in medical education and translational research.
- Fee structure: Fees of Rs. 30000/- per annum will be levied and out of which Rs,10000/- will be the refundable caution deposit.
Sponsored candidates: Governmental institution; Rs 15000/-( Rs 5000/- refundable caution deposit) Candidates from other countries: SAARC – $750, Non-SAARC countries -$ 1000
- Stipend: Stipend of Rs.36,000/- per month will be disbursed for non-sponsored candidates.
- Accommodation: For lady candidates, shared room accommodation may be provided subject to availability. For gentleman candidates, accommodation is their personal responsibility.
- Duties and Responsibilities: The candidates will be full time residents of the institutions and will perform the duties and responsibilities of a full time physician in the department of Surgical Oncology The learning process will be facilitated by; 1) Clinical expertise gained by working alongside experienced Oncologists. 2) Active participation in daily Multi-speciality tumor boards. 3) Teaching sessions, which would include inter disciplinary seminars (involving radiation, medical and palliative care besides the parent unit.), Journal clubs, and case presentation. 4) Assisting and hands on experience in common Surgical oncology procedures 5) Posting to Medical, Radiation, Community oncology and palliative care for an exposure to these areas of oncology. 6) Project work in the form of at least two publication in any oncology journal and involvement in community based intervention programme for cancer. 7) Lectures by experts in the field of basic sciences, preventive oncology, tumor registry, molecular biology & genetics.
Selection Procedure For Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC) – Fellowship Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Fellowship Vacancy in Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC):
Submission of application: The filled application along with Demand Draft `2,000/- as application fee and attested copies of certificates (for proving age, qualification, experience, Community, etc.) should be forwarded to The Director, Malabar Cancer Centre, Moozhikkara PO, Thalassery, Kerala-670103 without fail so as to reach on or before 20/06/2015 till 5 PM. Last date of Application: 20th June 2015. Provisional date for interview: 04th July 2015 . Announcement of results: 6th July 2015 . Date of joining the course: 15th July 2015. Please see brochure for further details.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/06/2015