Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Fellowship through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed MS/ DNB/ MDS can apply for the new recruitment notification from Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Fellowship on or before 20/06/2015. Find More information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC)
Vacancy Name : Fellowship
Educational Qualification : MS/ DNB pathology/ Master of Dental Surgery
Total No Of Vacancy : NA
Salary : Rs.10,000-36,000/-pm
Job Location : Thalassery
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 20/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Director, Malabar Cancer Centre, Thalassery
Detail Of Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC) Fellowship Recruitment:
Head and neck cancers are mostly managed at specialized cancer centres and medical colleges in India. The training in head and neck surgery during postgraduate courses, in general surgery or ENT is often not adequate to manage cancer patients. Post doctoral training is necessary to produce more head and neck surgeons capable of treating these common cancers
- Duration: The duration of the course will be 1 year.
- Number of seats: Intake of candidates will be limited to 2 per year.
- Requirements for Fellowship 1. The candidate should possess MS/DNB degree in General Surgery or ENT or DLO or MDS in Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Educational Objectives The goals of these fellowships are to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary training to individuals who are committed to a career in head and neck surgical oncology. The fellowship programme will be a one year course The fellowship training will provide a broad exposure to the full range of clinical problems encountered in a tertiary head and neck oncology practice. The trainee will be full time residents of the institutions and will perform the duties and responsibilities of a full time surgeon in Surgical oncology.
- Upon completion of a one-year fellowship, the surgeon will possess the following characteristics: a) Expertise in the multidisciplinary management of patients with head and neck cancer. b) Comprehension of head and neck cancer biology c) Judgment and ability to perform complex tumor resections and an understanding of the technical limitations of the procedures. d) Expertise in conservation surgical procedures. e) Knowledge and/or skills in micro vascular free flap reconstruction. f) Broad-based knowledge and comprehension of principles of radiation oncology, medical oncology, maxillofacial prosthetics, oncologic nutrition, head and neck pathology, diagnostic radiology/nuclear medicine and rehabilitation of speech and swallowing. g) Appreciation of scientific methodology, study design, clinical trials and data analysis h) Ability to practice effectively in an academic, tertiary care setting and to participate in medical education and translational research.
- Fundamental Components of the Fellowship a) The fellow must participate in the evaluation, management and care of a minimum of 200 head and neck neoplasm cases b) Participation in a minimum of 100 surgical procedures, representing the full scope of head and neck surgical oncology c) Intensive exposure to the interdisciplinary management of head and neck oncologic patients d) Participation in the development and implementation of head and neck oncologic research.
- Fellowship Curriculum The fellowship will provide clinical exposure to the following Head and neck pathology b) Radiation biology and therapeutic radiation oncology c) Head and neck medical oncology d) Maxillofacial prosthetics e) Oncologic nutrition f) Head and neck diagnostic radiology and nuclear medicine g) Speech and language rehabilitation h) Head and neck reconstruction i) Paranasal sinus malignancy j) Head and neck melanoma k) Skull base neoplasms l) Head and neck sarcoma m) Non-melanoma skin cancer n) Salivary gland neoplasms o) Oral cavity cancer p) Partial laryngeal surgery q) Laryngeal cancer r) Role of neck dissection s) Oropharyngeal cancer t) Hypopharyngeal cancer u) Cervical esophageal cancer v) Thyroid and parathyroid neoplasms w) Morbidity and mortality conferences x) Journal clubs y) Clinical research protocol
- Stipend, Leave Fees, Stipends etc: Fees of Rs.10, 000/- per annum will be levied and Rs.5000/- will be the refundable caution deposit. Stipend of Rs.36,000/- per month will be disbursed. The candidate will be given accommodation according to the norms for candidate undergoing similar certificate courses in the institution. For sponsored candidates and candidates from other countries the institution may decide on the fee structure as appropriate.
- Leaves: Candidates will be eligible for 12 days leave during the programme. Not more than 5 days of leave will be granted in on go. Candidates who avail for more than 12 days of leave will have extension for those additional days of leave.
Selection Procedure For Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC) – Fellowship Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Fellowship Vacancy in Malabar Cancer Centre (MCC):
Apply to the Director, Malabar Cancer Centre, Thalassery. Apply with a short CV, copy of documents to prove eligibility, experience & achievements. Last date for receiving application: 20th June 2015. Date of screening test and personal interview: 27th June 2015. Announcement of results: 30th June 2015. Date of joining the course: 15th July 2015
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/06/2015
div class=”connecting-block” subscribe-widget ng-transclude>