Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) invites application for the recruitment of Ph.D. Programmes with ME/M.Tech, M.Com, MA, BE/B.Tech, MSc, M.Arch holders
Company name : Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT)
Posts : Ph.D. Programmes
Qualification : ME/M.Tech, M.Com, MA, BE/B.Tech, MSc, M.Arch
Salary : Rs. 22,500/- p.m.
No of Post : 13
Location : Jaipur
Last date to apply : 20.11.2014
Details of Post :
Admission in Ph.D.-(Full Time & Part Time) Programmes for the even semester of session 2014-15 at Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT)
Discipline : Architecture & Planning, Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical, Metallurgical & Materials, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Humanities & Social Sciences and Center for Energy & Environment
Eligibility : 1. The eligibility conditions given below are the absolute minimum. Departments/ centres may prescribe any requirements over and above for short listing. All eligibility requirements must be met by the date of interview. 2. The “specified minimum” CGPA/marks implies a minimum of 6.5 on the 10 point scale (60% marks, only where CGPA is not awarded) for Ph.D. with a relaxation for SC/ST implying minimum of 6.0 on the 10 point scale (55% marks, only where CGPA is not awarded) in qualifying degree (refer Table 1). In exceptional cases, brilliant candidates with CGPA of more than 9 (85% marks) in Bachelors degree in Engineering/ Architecture may be recommended by DPGC to SPGB for admission in Ph.D. program.3. Departmental screening of candidates under “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme” of DeitY(details of fellowship given in section 6) would additionally consist of following components- (a) Reputed Journal and conference publications, (b) Throughout excellent academic credentials (more than 60%, class X through postgraduate) and (c) should be in the top 25% of the qualified candidates in the written test conducted by Department.4. Reservation policy as prescribed by Government of India/MHRD from time to time shall be applicable.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Architecture & Planning Master in Architecture, Master in Urban Planning
- Chemical Engineering B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering, B. Tech./ M.Tech. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering/Chemical Technology and interdisciplinary areas.
- Chemistry : M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Medicinal/ Pharmaceutical/ Environmental/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology and related disciplines with chemistry as one of the optional subject Civil Engineering M.E./M.Tech. degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Computer Engineering B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Communication Engg./Electronics Instrumentation and Control/Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Engineering/Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Information Technology/Communication and Computer Engineering and M.E./M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Engineering/Information Technology/VLSI. All the Page 5 candidates are expected to have sound mathematical, computational background and relevant programming skills.
- Electrical Engineering M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in respective & relevant Engineering disciplines
- Electronics & Communication Engineering B. Tech. And M. Tech. Electrical/ Electronics/ Computer/ Communication/ Telecommunication/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Microelectronics or equivalent discipline consistent with research areas of department.
- Humanities and Social Sciences M.A./M.Com. or equivalent degree with 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 60% marks Master’s degree in Science with 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 60% marks may be considered for research areas consistent with the academic background and special interest.
- Mathematics M.A./M.Sc. in Mathematics/Computer Science/Statics
- Mechanical Engineering B.Tech./M.Tech. degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical/Industrial/ Production Engg. B.Tech./M.Tech. degree/ disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department.
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering B.E./B.Tech. degree in Metallurgical/Materials/Mechanical/Chemical/ Ceramic Engineering/Nanotechnology (Engineering materials) with M.E./M.Tech. degree in Metallurgical/ Materials/ Ceramic Engineering/ Nanotechnology (Engineering materials).
- Physics M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics/Engineering Physics/allied areas of Physics/interdisciplinary areas in physical sciences and technology
- Centre for Energy and Environment B.Tech. and M.Tech. in relevant disciplines
Financial Assistance : a) Fellowship for full time PhD candidate @ Rs. 22,500/- per month (1st 2nd year) and @ Rs. 25,000/- per month for 3rd, 4th and 5th year b) One time incentive of Rs. 2.5 Lakhs for part time PhD candidate, ONLY at the time of completion c) Annual contingency grant of Rs. 30,000/- per year & reimbursement of rent for full time candidate d) Grant for attending international conference ( outside India) on a case to case basis
Application Fee : The application fee of Rs. 400/- for General/OBC category and Rs. 200/- for SC/ST category candidates is to be deposited online only while submitting the application.
How to apply
The last date for online application submission is November 20, 2014. The last date for receipt of completed hard copy of Application Forms for Ph.D. admission in even semester of session 2014-15 is November 27, 2014
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to prove his/her eligibility in terms of minimum educational qualifications and for claiming reservation under a specific category, if any, at the time of submitting the application.
- The copy of requisite certificate for SC/ST/OBC category must be submitted, along with application, issued by a competent authority listed in Annexure, failing which the benefit of the reserved category will not be given.
- Physically handicapped candidate should submit along with the application, the copy of certificate, from a Government medical board. Such a candidate may, however, be asked to appear before a Medical Board duly constituted by MNIT, Jaipur for this purpose. The Medical Board will decide the courses, which cannot be offered to a candidate, on the basis of the nature of his/her disability.
- (The last date for receipt of completed hard copy of Application Forms for Ph.D. admission ineven semester of session 2014-15 is November 27, 2014. The last date for online application submission is November 20, 2014.
- List of shortlisted candidates for interview will be displayed on Institute’s website by 5 PM on 8th December 2014. Tentative interview dates will be 15th to 20th December 2014. No separate interview letters will be sent.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 20.11.2014
|Click here for More Details||Click here to apply|
|All Jobs From MNIT|
21-01-2017 , 22-01-2017