Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Technical Staff and Operatives through recruitment notification – Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) Recruitment 2015 – ADVERTISEMENT REFERENCE NO. HR-REC-NE/PERM/77/2015. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma can apply for the new recruitment notification from Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL).
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Technical Staff and Operatives Job on or before 8/9/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL)
Vacancy Name : Technical Staff and Operatives
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate, Diploma
Total No of Vacancy : 17 Post
Salary : Rs.10,000-22,430/- p.m
Job Location : Mumbai
Last Date to Apply for this job : 8/9/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : MAZAGON DOCK SHIPBUILDERS LIMITED A Government of India Undertaking Mumbai – 400010
Detail of Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) Technical Staff and Operatives Recruitment:
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited invites applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Technical Staff and Operatives in various trades in skilled grades for appointment on Permanent basis. The details are as follows:-
|Post||No of post||Qualification||Salary||Age|
|Master 1st Class||1||Certificate of competency (1st class Master) issued by Maharashtra Maritime Board/Mercantile Marine Dept. as per Indian Vessel Act. Knowledge of Swimming is compulsory. Minimum 3 yrs experience of operating Tugs from 565 BHP and above or Ex-serviceman from Indian navy with 15 years of experience and holding 1st class Master qualified certificate from MMB/MMD.||The non-executives to be engaged on permanent basis in the abovementioned category will be entitled to the following Pay & allowances as per MoS dated 30th June,2009 as under:- a) The candidates appointed as Master 1st Class in Mistry Grade (IDA-9) category will be placed at a Basic pay of Rs.10,000/- per month in the IDA Pay Scale Rs.10000-29890/- b) The candidates appointed as Assistant (Hindi Translator) in Gr (IDA-7) category will be placed at a Basic pay of Rs.9000/- per month in the IDA Pay Scale Rs.9000-27880/- c) The candidates appointed in Skilled Gr-I (IDA-5) category will be placed at a Basic Pay of Rs.7500/- per month in the IDA Pay Scale Rs.7500-22430/-. Besides the basic pay, they will be entitled to industrial DA, HRA, CPF & allowances etc. as per rules of the Company. Grant of annual increment will be as per Company rules. The selected candidates will be governed by the ESIC Act for the purpose of medical benefits. However, in case the operatives are exempted from the ESIS coverage due to enhancement of wages, they will be covered under the Company’s medical benefit scheme upto Rs.1.5 lakhs per annum for the employees and their eligible family members.||Maximum age limit is 33 years and minimum age limit not less than 18 years as on 1st July, 2015. i) Relaxation in upper age limit is 3 years for OBC (NCL) candidates as per rules. ii) Relaxation in upper age limit for persons with disability (40% and above) 10 years for General candidates, 13 years for OBC candidates and 15 years for SC/ST candidates as per Govt. Rules. iii) Ex. Trade apprentices of MDL will get age relaxation to the extent of their period of apprenticeship training in MDL over and above the other relaxation at 4(i) to 4(ii) above as per Govt. directives. iv) Ex. Employees who have worked in MDL on contract basis shall get age relaxation of 5 years over and above the other relaxations at 4(i) to 4(iii). v) Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than 6 months continuous service in the Armed forces of the Union will be given relaxation in age to the extent of period of service plus 3 years.|
|Sp.Grade Engine Driver||1||Certificate of competency (License to act as Engineer) issued by Maharashtra Maritime Board/Mercantile Marine Dept. as per Indian Vessel Act. Knowledge of Swimming is compulsory. Minimum 3 yrs experience of operating tugs from 565 BHP and above as License to act Engineer & should possesses knowledge of rectifying defects, overhauling and up keeping engine room or Exserviceman from Indian navy of engineering branch with 15 years of experience and holding License to act as Engineer qualified certificate from MMB/MMD|
|Assistant (Hindi Translator)||1||Full time Two years Post Graduation Course with Hindi from any recognized university with English as a subject at a graduation level OR Full time Two years Post Graduation Course with English from any recognized university with Hindi as a subject at a Graduation level OR Two years full Time Post Graduation in any subject (where Hindi or English is as a medium) from recognized University OR Post Graduation Degree in Hindi medium in any subject and English as compulsory subject or Elective subject or medium of examination in Graduation AND Two years post qualification experience in Translation from Hindi to English and English to Hindi Desirable- 1)Diploma in Translation from Hindi to English & vise versa from any recognized University. 2)Hindi/English Typing Knowledge on Computer.|
|NDT- QC Inspectors||7||Must have passed B.Sc.(With Physics and Maths subjects) or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering . In addition to this it is essential to have ISNT/ASNT Level –II certification in Radiography interpretation, Ultrasonic testing , Magnetic particle testing and DYE penetrant testing. The minimum experience required is 2 years in NDT of fabricated structures/Pressure vessels/Piping etc after Level –II certification|
|Safety Inspectors||5||“Must have passed Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil / Production. The minimum experience required is 2 years in Engineering Industry. Preference will be given to candidates having qualification ADIS/Certificate courses in Safety, Health & Environment conducted by Central Labour Institute or National Safety Council /Working Experience in HSE department”|
|Sr. Medical Assistant (Male)||2||Passed Diploma/ Degree in Nursing of 3 years duration after 12th Std done at Govt. or Govt recognized University/Institute & basic life support and Advance Cardiac life support certification of American Heart Association or equivalent. Two years experience of working in Govt./ Pvt Hospital with minimum 100 beded hospital/Industrial (OHS) set up and qualified in handling alone industrial emergencies / accidents / injuries / illnesses and specialized in advanced life support care & able to read ECG monitors and do intervention procedures. Only male candidates to apply. The experience certificate should be issued by the Personnel / HR department.|
Selection Procedure for Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) – Technical Staff and Operatives Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 8/9/2015.
- The mode of selection for the post of Master 1st Class, Sp.Grade Engine Driver & Sr. Medical Assistant (Male )shall be through Personal Interview (15 marks) followed by Trade Test (85 marks) and for the post of Assistant (Hindi Translator), NDT- QC Inspectors & Safety Inspectors shall be Written Test (85 marks) followed by Personal Interview (15 marks) . In case of Master 1st Class, Sp.Grade Engine Driver & Sr. Medical Assistant (Male ) candidate is required to pass (50% minimum) in the Personal Interview to become eligible to appear for the Trade Test and for Assistant (Hindi Translator), NDT- QC Inspectors & Safety Inspectors a candidate is required to pass (50% minimum) in the Written Test to become eligible to appear for Personal Interview.
How to apply for Technical Staff and Operatives Vacancy in Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) :
- Application in the format given at the end of this advertisement may be down loaded from our website www.mazagondock.gov.in under head Career, sub-head Non-Executive. The application should be filled legibly in Hindi, Marathi or English in Block letters on an A-4 size paper. Application not submitted in prescribed format may be rejected.
- A separate application for each trade has to be submitted in case the applicant desires to apply for more than one post.
- Candidates must attach self attested copies of certificates in support of their age, qualification, experience, caste certificate, defence discharge certificate & driving licence along with the application. Candidates are also advised to bring all original certificates for verification during interview. The OBC candidates seeking reservation are required to attach valid certificate regarding OBC (Non-Creamy Layer status) issued by the Competent Authority in prescribed format only.
- Candidates serving in Government/Quasi Government offices, Public Sector Undertakings are instructed to submit their application through proper channel. In case, he sends an advance copy of the application, he will have to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from his employer at the time of Interview / Trade Test, failing which his candidature will not be considered.
- SC / ST & OBC (NCL) candidates are required to produce a caste certificate only in the prescribed format issued by any of the following authorities :- a. District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate /Sub Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner. b. Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate. c. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or his family normally resides. d. Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer (Lakshdweep & Minicoy Islands). vi. The OBC candidates seeking reservation are required to attach certificate regarding OBC (Non-Creamy Layer status) not older than 6 months issued by the Competent Authority in prescribed format only.
- Candidates claiming reservation under persons with disability (40% or more) in the category HH / OH as the case may be are required to produce medical certificate in the prescribed format issued by the competent authority as stipulated in Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
- Candidate serving in Government / Quasi Government offices, Public Sector Undertakingshave to submit their pplication through proper channel. In case, he sends an advance copy of the application, he will have to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from his employer at the time of the interview failing which his candidature will not be considered. ix. The candidates should fill in the application form in all respects in the prescribed format and submit the same along with all enclosures and Processing Fees of Rs 100/- (NonRefundable) needs to be deposited at any nearest branch of State Bank of India (SBI) by using challan form only. However candidates belonging to SC, ST, PWD & Ex-servicemen category are exempted from paying the Processing Fee. The candidates are required to download the Challan Form available at the end of the advertisement. The candidate should fill up all the three parts (Banks copy, MDL Copy & Candidates copy) of the challan. Deposit cash of Rs.140/-(Including Bank charges of Rs.40/- ) at the nearest SBI branch. The Bank shall retain its copy (Bank’s copy) and return two parts (MDL’s copy and Candidate’s copy) of the Challan to the candidate. Any other mode of payment other than challan will not be considered. x. Duly filled application in the prescribed format along with all enclosures should reach DGM (HR-Rec.-NE), Recruitment Cell, Service Block- 3rd Floor, Mazagon Dock Limited, Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010 on or before 18/08/2015. Eligible Candidates registered with State Employment Exchange may also apply directly to the undersigned through post & courier on or before 18/08/2015. Envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed with “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ________________ against Permanent Vacancies”. xi. Incomplete / applications received after the last date will be rejected.
- The list of eligible candidates, in case of operatives, will be displayed on our website www.mazagondock.gov.in under the head “Career- Non -Executives” and sub head “ Interview list for AD No – 77” as well as Company’s notice board on 08/09/2015 along with Date & Time of Interview. The result of Interview along with date & time for Trade test will be declared /displayed at main gate notice board on the date of interview only. Final list of shortlisted candidates will also be hosted on our website under the same head and will be displayed on Company’s notice Board.
- The list of eligible candidates for Written Test in case of Technical Staff will be displayed on our website www.mazagondock.gov.in under the head “Career- Non -Executives” and sub head “ Written Test -for AD No -77” as well as Company’s notice board on 08/09/2015. The result of Written Test along with date & time for Personal Interview will be declared /displayed at main gate notice board and on our website. Final list of shortlisted candidates will also be hosted on our website under the same head and will be displayed on Company’s notice Board.
- Applications giving reference of the advertisement should be sent to DGM (Rec.-NE) through post or courier only. However, candidates presently working in MDL should forward their application to DGM (HR-Rec.-NE) through proper channel.
- While applying for the post, the applicants must ensure that the particulars furnished by him/her are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment or even after appointment against permanent vacancies that he/she has furnished incorrect/false information, or has suppressed any material fact, his/her candidature will stand cancelled/ services may be terminated without compensation.
- Only eligible candidates will be called for the written test followed by Personal Interview for the posts at Sr. No 1 to 3 and for the other posts candidates eligible & short-listed in the interview will be called for Trade Test.
- The appointments of candidates are subject to being declared medically fit by the Chief Medical Officer of the Company as per prescribed rules.
- The candidates selected for appointment are required to serve in different shifts and places as identified by the Company.
- Decision of the Management in all matters regarding eligibility criteria, trade test, interview, selection would be final and binding on all candidates. No representation or correspondence will be entertained by the Company in this regard.
- The Company takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or loss in postal transit of any application or communication. Candidates are advised not to send original certificates, mark sheets along with the applications.
- Management reserves the right to cancel or modify this advertisement at any stage, without assigning any reason thereof.
- Any further Information/ Corrigendum/ Addendum, if any, would be uploaded only on MDL website.
- Legal jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Mumbai.
- Camera / Mobile with camera is not permitted inside the company premises.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification for appointment.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 8/9/2015
Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) Recruitment 2014 – ADVERTISEMENT REFERENCE NO. HR-REC-NE/PERM/77/2015.
18-01-2017 , 19-01-2017