Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Consultant for Market Initiatives through recruitment notification – Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA) Recruitment 2015 – NOTIFICATION File.No.MBMA.03/ 2o15 /4 . Candidates who have completed Any Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Consultant for Market Initiatives on or before 05/06/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA)
Vacancy Name : Consultant for Market Initiatives
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate
Total No Of Vacancy :NA
Salary : NA
Job Location : Shillong
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 05/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA),Nongrim Hills, Shillong – 793003
Detail Of Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA) Consultant for Market Initiatives Recruitment:
- RFP: Consultant – Market Initiatives The Meghalaya Basin Management Agency (MBMA) implements the State’s flagship programme – the lntegrated Basin Development and Livelihood Promotion Programme (IBDLP). The Meghalaya- Livelihood & Access to Markets Project (Megha – LAMP), an Externally Aided Project (EAP) supported by the lnternational Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an integral part of IBDLP with MBMA as the implementing agency.
- Megha-LAMP has three thrust areas. To support Enterprise Facilitation Centres to promote and support a range of rural farm and non farm investments.
- To support clusters for the development of specific products for markets within and outside the state, along with supportive investment in natural resource management, rural finance, and market aceess infrastructure. A cluster-based approach creates the volumes and economies of scale needed to aecess markets.
- Generation and dissemination of knowledgd to support rural production and enterprise regarding the state’s natural resource base, production technologies, sup_porting services and markets. MBMA is in urgent need of a Consultant for Market Initiatives (MI) Services for the IBDLP including Megha-LAMP.
- Market Initiatives :Market initiatives for IBDLP/ Megha-LAMP are envisaged to include development of production and marketing clusters as parl of livelihood development under IBDLP. Performance indicators related to Market Initiatives of the Megha-LAMP include households reporting increase in income and adopting new livelihood opportunities linked to market; farmers report increased sales; identified rural local markets establish a procedure for maintenance by using the revenue collected; sales in markets increase with increase in number of people selling in markets.
- The outputs related to Market Initiatives envisaged under Megha-LAMP are: 54village clusters implement commodity based production and marketing plans o 1350 lead farmers are trained in commodity value chains.55 market yards are developed with investments and maintenance concept.
- Inputs required for the purpose include: l i i. Analysis of market regulatory environment for promoting transparency, price discovery and realization, healthy competition etc. in commodity markets ii. Preparation of State specific strategy for development of value chains for marketable surplus agricommodities and NRM products and services produced by clusters under IBDLP/Megha-LAMP and previous producer and market facing initiatives
- Facilitate preparation and implementation of marketing plans for the enterprises supported through Enterprise Facilitation Centers at Block Level. iv. Preparation of database of value chain participants and develop network to ensure fair price realization by farmers.
- Preparation and implementation of plan for training of entrepreneurs, NGOs, enterprises, IVCSs and other stake holders on project management and marketing of product and services vi. Conducting technical feasibility and financial viability for development of potential market yards and their maintenance. vii. Building, leading and mentoring an in house M[ team
- Required Qualification and Experience and Selection process The Consultant should have excellent academic credentials and experience of different contexts. (S)he must hold a post graduate degree preferably in agri-business lrom a reputed institution. eualification in Natural Resources Management will be an added advantage. The consultant should have atleast 20 years of experience in natural resource management and livelihood promotion. Ideally this should span rural development, the commodity trade and development of value chains. Prior experience of working on donor assisted projects/ EAPs would be desirable. Experience of working in North Eastem Region preferably Meghalaya will be given preference’ Gooation sought by the candidate.
- Deployment: The selected candidate could be based in Shillong or may divide time between MBMA offices in Meghalaya/ Delhi and home base. The candidate is expected to d communication skills, written and oral as well as proficiency in Word processing, Spread Sheets and Presentation software are mandatory. For selection of the candidate 80% weightage will be given suitability of the candidate based on above parameters and, 20Yo weightage will be given to the remunerbe available for 240 person days in a year of which 50yo of the time would be required to be within the State/ Delhi i.e. 120 person days over the year. The selected candidate would be paid a monthly remuneratior/ professional fees. operational arrangements such as those relating to official travel etc. will be made by MBMA or such OpE will be reimbursed on actual basis.
Selection Procedure For Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA) – Consultant for Market Initiatives Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 05/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Consultant for Market Initiatives Vacancy in Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA):
- offers for the position should include a detailed resume with supporting documents, a write up on candidate,s suitability for the assignment and expected remuneration.
- The offer must reach MBMA either electronically (recruitmentmbda(@gmail.com with the subject line – Consultant MI) or as a hard copy addressed to the Senior Manager – HR, Meghalaya Basin Management Agency, Meghalaya State Housing Financing Cooperative Society Ltd. Camp;, No;grim Hills, Shillong- 793003,latest by 5’00 p.m., sth June , 2015. Each application submitted electronically would be acknowledged and only this acknowledgement will constitute proof of submission.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 05/06/2015
Reference: Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA) Recruitment 2015 – NOTIFICATION File.No.MBMA.03/ 2o15 /4
22-01-2017 , 23-01-2017