Ministry of Earth Sciences invites application for the recruitment of Director with M.Sc/Ph.D holders
Company name : Ministry of Earth Sciences
Posts : Director
Qualification : M.Sc/Ph.D
Salary : Rs.37,400-67000 /- p.m
No of Openings : NA
Location : New Delhi
Last date to apply : 30.07.2014
Details of Post :
Recruitment to the post of Director, National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS),Thiruvananthapuram. Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) invites applications for the post of Director, National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS), Thiruvananthapuram in the pay scale of Rs.37,400-67000 + GP 10,000/- including allowances admissible to Central Government employees at Thiruvananthapuram, to be appointed for a maximum tenure of five years, on direct recruitment (on tenure basis). NCESS is an autonomous institution under MoES, Government of India, registered under the 1z” TravancoreCochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955. The Scientific and research interest of NCESS is quite broad encompassing land, ocean and atmospheric studies with a primary mission to foster multidisciplinary research in emerging areas of solid earth science, provide services by utilizing this knowledge for earth science applications. The main aim and objectives of NCESS, Thiruvananthapuram are as under:-
- To conduct and promote basic and applied advanced research in the frontier areas of Earth Sciences particularly crustal evolution and geodynamics, quaternary evolution processes and depositional processes, weathering and surface processes and coastal dynamics.
- To provide a greater fillip to the activities of the Institute and to give it a National and International status for landslides and coastal erosion mitigation, coastal zone management, resource evaluation and environmental impact assessment.
- To carry out inter-disciplinary research in collaboration with other Research Institutions, National Laboratories and various science departments of Universities, etc.
- To conduct studies relating to Climate Change and monitor trace gases in atmosphere and changes in radiation budget and study the emission of greenhouse gases from different ecological zones.
- To prepare the Natural Resources Data Base for Resources Management including evaluate terrain at the river basin and watershed level,land use/land cover and landscape alterations including development of societal application of earth sciences.
- Essential: (i) Master’s degree in Physics or Geophysics or Geology or Oceanography or equivalent with at least first class (60%) at graduation as well as post graduation level or a first class (60%) Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Technology or equivalent from a recognized University.(ii) 21 years (18 years with Ph.D) experience in research and development, survey, planning, teaching (at graduate or post graduate level), supervision or training in the relevant field.
- Desirable: (i) Ph.D in any branch of Science related in the relevant field or Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University. (ii) Experience in policy making, planning or management related to earth science activities or management of projects in the relevant field.
- Job Description: The Director, who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute, shall be responsible for formulation and implementation of programs relating to front ranking mission mode research programs in the area of Solid Earth Research (crustal evolution and geodynamics, quaternary evolution processes, sedimentology and depositional processes, weathering and surface processes and coastal dynamics) Earth Science Applications (landslides and coastal erosion mitigation, coastal zone management, resource evaluation and environmental impact assessment). He is also responsible for the day-to-day management of NCESS activities and overall administration of the Institute.
- Scale of Pay: The post of Director is in the pay scale of PB-4, Rs.37,400 – 67000 + 10,000 Grade Pay including allowances as admissible to Central Government employees at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Age limit: (as on the normal closing date – not on the closing date meant for remote areas): Preferably below 55 years. Relaxation can be considered in respect of exceptionally qualified and/or experienced persons.
- Method of Recruitment: Direct recruitment (on tenure basis) for a period of five years or up to the age of superannuation, whichever is earlier subject to satisfactory performance.
Selection process: Persons interested in this post are requested to send their application in the pro-forma at Annexure-I. The application complete in all respects should be addressed to the Director (Estt.), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Prithvi Bhavan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 and should reach within 6 weeks (42 days) (60 days for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep) from the publication of the advertisement in Employment News. MoES may also invite nominations from the leading scientists!experts, scientific departments! organizations for consideration for the post.
Details and format relating to the post may be downloaded from the websites www.moes.gov.in I www.persmin.gov.in and ww.cess.res.in.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 30.07.2014
|Click here for More Details|
06-12-2016 , 07-12-2016