Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) invites application for the recruitment of Internship with BA, M.Phil / Ph.D holders
Company name : Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
Posts : Internship
Qualification : BA, M.Phil / Ph.D
Salary : NA
No of Post : 20
Location : Delhi
Last date to apply : 18.10.2014
Details of Post :
The need for an internship programme in the Ministry has been felt for sometime. The internship programme will provide an opportunity for the officers of the Ministry to interact with young thinking minds with brilliant academic record from reputed institutions. Ideas from budding scholars will prove to be of importance to the practitioners of diplomacy in the Ministry, at the same time, the internship programme will also provide the interns with an excellent opportunity to familiarise themselves with the process of foreign policy formulation in Government of India.
- Eligibility : The programme is open to Indian citizens. The candidates should at least have a Degree in Humanities. PG/Research students and foreign language students can apply. Research scholars from specialised fields like energy security, climate change, disarmament etc. or with formal background in International Relations will be given preference depending upon the requirement of a Division in the Ministry. The intern should have excellent academic track-record and should preferably be from a Centre/Institution of excellence. The internship programme will neither be a job nor any such assurance for the job in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Duration : The duration of the internship will be for maximum period of 6 months.
- Declaration of secrecy : Interns are required to furnish to the Ministry a declaration of secrecy before the commencement of the internship. Verification and vetting from security angle has to be completed on basis of personal particulars submitted by the intern, after the selection process and before the actual internship programme commences.
- Logistics support : Necessary logistic support will be provided to the intern taking into account the functional requirements.
- Submission of report : The interns will be required to present a report/paper at the end of their internship to the Head of Division.
- Certificate of Internship : Certificates will be issued to the interns on satisfactory completion of their internships and on submission of their Report / Paper and its evaluation by the Head of concerned Division.
- Number of interns in the Ministry: Maximum number of slots to be offered to these interns shall not exceed 20 at any point of time. Not more than two interns will be engaged by any Division at any point of time.
- Termination: The Ministry can instruct the intern to terminate the programme at any time, as Ministry deems fit, and without showing any reason. Ministry’s decision shall be final in this regard. Intern can choose to leave the programme, if she/he so desires, giving prior notice of one month to Ministry.
How to apply :
Interested students can send their applications, along with their CVs, in the enclosed format to theJoint Secretary/Head of the concerned Division of the Ministry at the address available on MEA website (http://meatel.nic.in/) External website that opens in a new window .The candidate will be required to produce a permission letter from their Supervisor/Head of Department, in case he/she is interested to join internship during their course-work
Selection Procedure :
All the applications will be scrutinised by a Selection Committee and the actual offer will be sent to the selected candidates subject to the availability of slot, consent of the concerned Division and approval of the competent Authority. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding and no queries shall be entertained after the completion of the selection process. The selection process may be done twice a year taking into account the requirements from various Divisions.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 18.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|
12-12-2016 , 13-12-2016