Ministry of Culture has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Director General through recruitment notification – Ministry of Culture Recruitment 2015 – F.NO.18-8/2013- A&A. Candidates who have completed Bachelor/ Master Degree, Diploma can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of Culture
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Director General Job on or before 16.04.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Ministry of Culture|
|Vacancy Name||Director General|
|Educational Qualification||Any Bachelors Degree, Any Masters Degree, Diploma|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||16.04.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Ministry of Culture, Ist Floor, CSL, Building, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi|
Detail of Ministry of Culture – Director General Recruitment:
Applications are invited for appointment to the post of Director General, National Archives of India, New Delhi in the Pay Band Rs. 67,000-annual increment (3%) – Rs.79,000/- General Central Service, Group A’ Gazetted, Ministerial under Ministry of Culture by deputation or on contract basis.
- Name of the post : Director General, National Archives of India, New Delhi
- No. of the post : 1 (One)
- Scale of pay : Pay Band Rs. 67,000-annual increment (3%)- Rs.79,000/
- Classification : General Central Service, Group A’ Gazetted Ministerial
- Method of Recruitment : By deputation or on contract basis
- Duties and responsibilities : Apart from being the administrative head of the of the post National Archives of India, the Director General of National Archives of India has the following broad Duties and responsibilities: . Technical: 1. To exercise overall responsibility for drawing up and implementation of the policy and programmes of the National Archives of India. 2. Preparation and editing of the volumes of records and historical manuscripts to be published by the National Archives of India. 3. Providing guidance to research scholars consulting records in the National Archives of India. 4. To accept custody of non-current records of Government fit for permanent preservation and to ensure their maximum preservation and utilization. II. Advisory: 1. To coordinate and guide all the operations connected with public records of all Ministries and Agencies of the Government of India throughout the country in respect of their administration, preservation, and elimination. 2. To study and to oversee the implementation of the Archival Policy, Resolution of the Government of India and to submit a Report to Government every year on action taken by all Ministries and Agencies of the Government of India in the matter. 3. To advise State Governments manuscripts libraries and other records holding agencies throughout the country on the best method of organization of rehabilitation, disposal and utilization of recordsAs (ex-officio) Secretary of the Indian Historical Records Commission to plan, organize and implement the business of the Commission. 5. As Convener of the National Committee of Archivists to plan, organize and implement its business. 6. To Plan and Coordinate the Work of the Regional Records Survey Committee, throughout the country and to publish the National Register of Private Archives. 7. To act as Vice-President of the National Guide Commission constituted by the Government of India for implementing UNESCO project for preparation of Guide to the sources of Asian History. 8. To act as Chairman of the Board of Studies for the School of Archival Studies.
- Educational qualification and Essential: experience (i) Masters degree from a recognized University or Institute. (ii) Eighteen years’ experience (including research work) in History or Archives or Library Sciences or Information Technology out of which five years’ experience shall be in the administration.
- Desirable: (i) Bachelors Degree in Management from a recognized University or Institute; or (ii) Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Archival studies or related fields from a recognized University or Institute.
Selection Procedure for Ministry of Culture – Director General Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 16.04.2015
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Director General – Vacancy in Ministry of Culture:
- Applications (in duplicate) in the given proforma (AnnexureII) by the eligible officers who can be spared in the event of selection may be sent through proper channel within 45 days of publication of the advertisement in the Employment NewsRozgar Samachar together with the following: (i) Upto-date CR dossier of the applicant or clear photocopies of the ACRs for last five years duly attested by a Group A’ Officer. (ii) A statement showing major or minor penalties, if any, imposed on the Officer. (iii) Integrity Certificate. (iv)Wigilance clearance in respect of the Officer. (v) Cadre clearance in respect of the Officer.
- Applications received after the last date or otherwise found incomplete will not be considered. The Officers who apply for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their nomination subsequently.
- The applications may be sent to Shri Dipankar Dutta, Under Secretary, Ministry of Culture, 1Floor, Central Secretariat Library, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi110001.
- Details including application format, Recruitment Rules for the post are also attached hereWith.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 16.04.2015
Ministry of Culture Recruitment 2015 – F.NO.18-8/2013- A&A
23-02-2017 , 24-02-2017