Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Consultants through recruitment notification – Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Recruitment 2015 – No. Q/PF/575/10/2015. Candidates who have completed Post Graduate, M.Phil, Diploma can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Consultants on or before 14/09/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
Vacancy Name : Consultants
Educational Qualification : Any Post Graduate, M.Phil/Ph.d, Diploma
Total No Of Vacancy : NA
Salary : Rs-47,000/pm
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 14/09/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Room No. 149C, South Block New Delhi 110 011
Detail Of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Consultants Recruitment:
Applications in the prescribed proforma as per Annexure I to the advertisement are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of posts of Consultants in the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, as per details given below:’
Name of the Post :
Consultants (Hindi Interpreters) in Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
Period of Consultancy :
Initially 02(two) years The contract could be extended/curtailed depending on assessment of performance and mutual willingness. The contract can be terminated by either side at any time, by giving one month’s notice. The Government can terminate the contract immediately, by paying one month’s agreed remuneration in lieu of the notice period.’
Nature of Duties :
- The selected Consultants will be required to work as Hindi Interpreters during Bilateral/ Multilateral meetings of International visitors/delegations to India or abroad.
- They may be required to summarize and translate published material from Hindi to English or English to Hindi in the areas assigned to them, as it appears in media or academic journals.
Job Location :
Ministry of External Affairs ( South Block/ Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan / Patiala House/ISIL Building), New Delhi Depending on the precise nature of duties assigned to the Consultant from time to time, he/she may be given office space within the premises of the Ministry of External Affairs or may be asked to work from their own premises and submit their services as required, to the Ministry
Qualifications/Experience/Age limit :
- Applicant should be Indian national
- Post Graduate in Hindi with additional qualifications like Degree/Diploma in Translation or M.Phil in Translation Studies from centres such as School of Language, Literature and Cultural Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University; Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad or similar Govt. recognised Universities rendering equivalent Diplomas/ Degrees;
- Applicant must have a command over at least two languages – the source language and the target language. Source language is the language from where you are translating or interpreting and Target language is the language toward which you are proceeding both written and spoken;
- Extra credit will be given to those who have worked in Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Secretariat Interpreter’s Division and served as Interpreters.
- Retired Government officials who have not completed 63 years as on 31.8.2015 are eligible to apply
- General applicants less than 63 years as on 01.09.2015 are eligible to apply.
Desirable Criteria :
Knowledge of Foreign Language (s), if any, and who can handle simultaneous interpretation, translation in languages other than English, would be an added advantage
Remuneration & Entitlements :
- Consultants, if they are retired Central Government/State Government employees will be paid monthly remuneration, as per the existing DoP&T guidelines on the subject
- Consultants who are not retired Government employees, will be paid an all inclusive monthly remuneration of Rs.47,000/ –
- The employment will be strictly contractual, and will not confer any other benefits to the selected candidates.
- In case the Consultants are required to travel domestically or abroad as part of their duties, the Ministry will arrange for their travel, accommodation and per – diem costs, on par with Group – A officers of the Ministry.
- Those selected are required to enter into a contract with the Ministry in a prescribed format w.e.f. from the actual date of appointment as Consultant.
Selection Procedure For Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) – Consultants Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 14/09/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Consultants Vacancy in Ministry of External Affairs (MEA):
- Interested applicants may submit applications indicating their interest in working for the Ministry of External Affairs as per proforma given in Annexure I. The envelopes containing the applicants’ details as mentioned above should be clearly labelled “Application for the post of Consultant (Hindi Interpreters), MEA” and addressed to:
- Shri Sibi George Joint Secretary (Administration) Ministry of External Affairs Room No. 149C, South Block New Delhi 110 011
- The applicants who have not worked in Government should include a detailed bio -data listing the educational qualifications of the candidate, their areas of expertise. Self-attested copies of educational certificates and mark sheets (from under -graduate level onwards) should be included.
- References from past employers may be included, but are not mandatory.
- The application should include the contact details of the candidate, including residential address, email ID and landline and mobile numbers.
- Ministry of External Affairs will review each application, and will shortlist candidates it considers suitable. The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview in the Ministry.
- The date, time and venue of the interview will be conveyed in the Interview call letter.
- Candidates will have to make their own arrangements to reach the place of interview. No TA/DA will be payable by the Ministry to attend the interview.
- The final selection will be based on their performance at the interview and after testing the proficiency by a Interview Board set up by the Ministry.
- Applicants who have served and handled simultaneous interpretation in Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha or other International Conventions and Conferences addressed by Cabinet Ministers of the GoI and other Senior Government officials will be given preference.
- The decision of the Government on selection of candidates will be final.
- The last date for receiving applications is 14 September, 2015. Applications received after the closing date or without the prescribed documents or otherwise found incomplete or not in the prescribed proforma are liable to be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 14/09/2015
Reference: Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Recruitment 2015 – No. Q/PF/575/10/2015
29-10-2016 , 30-10-2016