Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) invites application for the recruitment of Fellowships with Ph.D/ MD/ MS/ MBBS/ BDS/ MVSc/ M.Sc/ M.Pharma/ M.Tech holders
Company name :Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)
Qualification : Ph.D/ MD/ MS/ MBBS/ BDS/ MVSc/ M.Sc/ M.Pharma/ M.Tech
Salary : Rs.20000- 50,000 /- p.m
No of Post : 01
Location :New Delhi
Last date to apply :December 15, 2014
Details of Post :
Department of Health Research (DHR) has launched a scheme to provide advanced training to medical and health research personnel in India and abroad in cutting edge research areas concerning medicine and health to create trained human resource forcarrying out research activities with main goal of improving patient management and public health in the country. This scheme has following components:
- Short Term Fellowships for 1-3 months from regular faculty (In India and Abroad, Age: upto 55 years)
- Long Term Fellowships for 6-12 months from regular faculty (In India and Abroad, Age: upto 45 years)
- Programme specifically for Women who have had a break in their career
- Scholarships /fellowships to young scientists (medical /non-medical students) in newer areas.
- Programme to encourage health research personnel [Non-resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)] serving abroad, to come back to India for undertaking research in identified areas.
- Support to Indian Institutes for imparting training in identified areas to the Faculty of Medical Colleges/ Research Institutes
The vision of the Department of Health Research (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare)to bring modern health technology to the people through innovations related to diagnostic, treatment methods and vaccines for prevention and to coordinate the research activities in the different areas of Health Research in the country. The country has attained considerable progress in biomedical research and patient care and management over the years but new emerging infections, resistance of the causative agents to existing common drugs coupled with emergence of non-communicable diseases like cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, mental and neurological disorders, poses a new challenge to the medical and scientific fraternity.
Objectives of the scheme:
- To increase the overall availability of trained personnel for health research from medical colleges across the country through scholarships, fellowships and career advancement scheme etc. for faculty and young medical doctors and other scientists to take up medical and health research as a career.
- To focus on the creation of a cadre of trained medical/health researchers in specific identified priority areas of health research viz., Clinical Trials; Toxicology; Good Clinical Practices (GCP); Good Laboratory Practices (GLP); Quality Control (QC) & QA; Genomics; Proteomics; Clinical Psychology, Geriatrics; Modern Biology; Biotechnology; Stem cells; Genetics; Drugs chemistry; and operational research etc..
- To create, support, nurture and encourage the trainees from these medical colleges to forge linkages with other scientists from universities, research institutes etc. to develop multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral teams necessary for addressing critical national and local health problems.
- To establish suitable online teaching and learning facilities to facilitate training in health research in various subjects in a more effective manner and for promoting biomedical/health research.
- The scheme mainly focuses on the development of research capabilities in the medical colleges /institutions of the country, with the following targets:
- To provide about 2585 fellowships / trainings / scholarships to mid-career / senior faculty/ young post-graduate students in the 12th Plan Period (2013-14 to 2016-17), including the women scientists who had a break in the career etc.
- To provide assistance to 50 domestic medical colleges/ institutions for providing training in the focused areas of research through specially designed courses.
- About 2/3rdof the fellowships will be given to medical colleges /medical institutions in Government sector.
Applications are invited in the prescribed format from Indian Nationals working as permanent Faculty in Indian Medical / Health Research institutions /Universities/ Other Research Institutions for award of fellowship to get training in identified/ cutting edge areas of health research under its new schemes ‘Human Resources Development for Health Research’. The main aim of the scheme is to provide ‘Advanced training in cutting edge research areas concerning medicine and health for training in India and abroad and to encourage trained manpower to carryout research activities in cutting edge areas and management of patients in the medical colleges across the country’. The Department will provide the travel and stipend to the selected fellow during the fellowship period.
Who can apply for training/ fellowship :
Scientists/ Health Researches/Professionals in regular employment in the universities, medical colleges, postgraduate institutions, recognized research and development laboratories and Non-Government Organizations who fulfill the eligibility criteria and have a concept research proposals in the identified area to carryout research at present institute / organization.
When and how to submit a proposal :
The component of the scheme, format of application, eligibility criteria and terms and conditions can be downloaded from the websites of DHR and ICMR(www.dhr.gov.in and www.icmr.nic.in)
Thirty copies of the complete applications, duly approved and forwarded by the competent authority along with a soft copy in electronic mode are to be submitted to The Programme Officer, HRD scheme of DHR, , Indian Council of Medical Research, V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi- 110029 (Ph 011-26589699) ([email protected]).
HOW TO APPLY :
Applications are invited in the prescribed format. Details of the eligibility, format of application, terms and conditions, whom to apply and guidelines of the scheme are available on www.dhr.gov.in and www.icmr.nic.in. Applications should be addressed to: The Programme Officer, HRD scheme of DHR, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi- 110029 (Ph 011-26589699) ([email protected] ).
Department of Health Research,
(Ministry of Health & Family Welfare),
2nd Floor, Indian Red Cross Building,
Red Cross Road,
New Delhi- 110001
The Programme Officer -HRD Scheme
ICMR – DHR Coordinating Unit
Indian Council of Medical Research,
V Ramalingaswami Bhawan,
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :December 15, 2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From MoHFW|
27-01-2017 , 28-01-2017