Ministry of Shipping has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Chairman through recruitment notification – Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed Any Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of Shipping.
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Chairman on or before 10/08/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Ministry of Shipping
Vacancy Name : Chairman
Educational Qualification : Any Graduate
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs-75,000-90,000/-pm
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 10/08/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Ministry of Shipping, Transport Bhawan 1, Parliament Street New Delhi-110001
Detail Of Ministry of Shipping Chairman Recruitment:
- Subject: Filling up the post of Chairman, Cochin Port Trust- Calling for Applications- -reg
- The Ministry of Shipping invites applications from the from All India Service/Central Civil Services Group ‘A’ officers and also from eligible Port Officers working in Major Port Trusts for the post of Chairman in Cochin Port in the pay scale of Rs.75,000-90,000/- (Industrial DA pattern) on deputation basis.
- Apart from the salary, the post also carries the perquisites such as dedicated accommodation, transport, medical attendance, LTC etc.
- The Port Trust is an autonomous body governed under the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963. Appointment to the post is made by the Central Govt. under section 3 (1) (a) of the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963.
- The Chairman of the Port is the Chairman of the Port Trust Board. He is the Chief Executive of the Organisation and is responsible for all aspects of Port functioning.
He is required to exercise administrative and financial powers and also to supervise the functioning of various departments with the ports. The job requirements, therefore, are the following: –
- General Managerial ability;
- Experience and talent in man-management in highly unionized environment.
- Experience and ability in Financial Management.
- Ability to formulate and implement development plans and also to prepare broad perspective plan for development of a port;
- Ability to co-ordinate with various agencies such as State Governments, the Law and Order authorities, different agencies of Central Government such as customs, Railway, Ministry of Labour etc.
- Experience and ability in personnel management and understanding of establishment matters.
Eligibility criteria for AIS/ Central Civil Service Group ‘A’ officers:
- The officers belonging to All India Services/Central Civil Services Group ‘A’ officers who have put in not less than 16 years of service in Group ‘A’ are eligible to be considered for the post.
- Preference may be given to those having experience of working in Port and Shipping sectors. The terms and conditions of appointment of the officers selected shall be as per the rules and instructions of Central Government.
- The post is not a part of the Central Staffing Scheme. The appointment will be made on deputation basis for a period of 5 years or as may be decided by the Competent Authority.
- The Cadre Controlling Authority/the State Government is requested to give wide publicity to the vacancy and forward names of suitable and willing officers for consideration for the post.
- The ACRs (only attested photocopies) of the officer for the last five years (2009-10 to 2013-14) along with the bio-data in the enclosed format, and clearance from administrative/vigilance angles and Integrity Certificate may also be sent.
- The vigilance clearance of the officer may be sent in the prescribed proforma attached with the application form.
Eligibility criteria for Port Officers:
- Eligible Officers belonging to the Major Port Trusts are to be considered for this post. Officers holding the posts of Deputy Chairman in category I Ports with minimum 2 years of regular service in the post failing which from officers holding the post of Deputy Chairman in category I Ports with less than 2 years of regular service but combined regular service of at least 5 years as Deputy Chairman of category I Ports and Deputy Chairman of category II Ports or from officers with minimum 5 years of regular service in the post of Deputy Chairman in category II Ports
- Port Officers working in Major Port Trusts who are eligible to be considered for the post as per para 4 (i) above may send their applications through proper channel.
While forwarding the applications the Chairman of the concerned Port may please ensure the following documents are sent along with the application form:
- ACRs of last 5 years (2009-10 to 2013-14)
- A certificate on adverse entries in the ACRs, if any.
- If the ACRs of a particular years between 2009-10 to 2013-14 is pending/not available, “No Report Certificate” may be furnished.
- A statement showing ACRs gradings should also be furnished.
- The details regarding officers holding higher posts on ad-hoc/temporary basis should be clearly specified.
- The Vigilance status of the candidate in the prescribed proforma duly filled in column- wise and signed by CVOs of the concerned Port(with details of last ten years )
Selection Procedure For Ministry of Shipping – Chairman Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 10/08/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Chairman Vacancy in Ministry of Shipping:
- The applications which are received after due date/not sent through proper channel will not be considered. The last date for receipt of applications in this Ministry is 10.08.2015. The applications may be sent to the undersigned at the following address.
- Under Secretary (PE), Ministry of Shipping, Room No. 427 Transport Bhawan 1, Parliament Street New Delhi-110001.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 10/08/2015