Ministry of Shipping has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Deputy Chairman through recruitment notification – Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2015 – F. No. A-12022/7/2015-PE.I. Candidates who have completed Graduate, Post Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of Shipping
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Job Deputy Chairman on or before 21.05.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Ministry of Shipping|
|Vacancy Name||Deputy Chairman|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||21.05.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Under Secretary (PE), Ministry of Shipping, Room No. 427 Transport Bhawan 1, Parliament Street New Delhi-110001|
Detail of Ministry of Shipping Deputy Chairman Recruitment:
The Ministry of Shipping invites applications from the from All India Service/Central Group ‘A’ Civil Services officers and also from eligible Port Officers working in Major Port Trusts for the post of Deputy Chairman in Cochin Port Trust in the pay scale of Rs.65,000-75,000/- (in industrial DA pattern). Apart from the salary, the post also carries the perquisites such as dedicated accommodation, transport, medical attendance, LTC etc. The Port Trust is an autonomous body governed under the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963. Appointment to the post is made by the Central Govt. under section 3(1) (b) of the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963.
- The Deputy Chairman of the Port is one of the trustees of the Board. He is the Deputy Chief Executive of the Organisation and assists the Chairman in all aspects of Port functioning. He is required to exercise administrative and financial powers and also to supervise the functioning of various departments with the ports. The job requirements, therefore, are the following: – (i) Wide administrative experience and General Managerial ability; (ii) Experience and talent in man-management in highly unionized environment; (iii) Experience and ability in Financial Management; (iv) Ability to formulate and implement development plans and also to prepare broad perspective plan for development of a port; (v) Ability to co-ordinate with various agencies such as State Governments, the Law and order authorities, different agencies of Central Government such as customs, Railway, Ministry of Labour, etc.; (vi) Experience and ability in personnel management and understanding of establishment matters.
- Eligibility criteria for AIS/ Central Civil Service Group ‘A’ officers: (i) The officers belonging to All India Services/Central Group ‘A’ Civil Services who have put not less than 9 years of service in Group ‘A’ are eligible to be considered for the post. Preference may be given to those having experience of working in Port and Shipping sectors. The terms and conditions of appointment of the officers selected shall be as per the rules and instructions of Central Government. (ii) The post is not a part of the Central Staffing Scheme. The appointment will be made on deputation basis for a period of 5 years or as may be decided by the Competent Authority. (iii) The Cadre Controlling Authority/the State Government is requested to give wide publicity to the vacancy and forward names of suitable and willing officers for consideration for the post. The ACRs (only attested photocopies) of the officer for the last five years (2009-10 to 2013-14) along with the bio-data in the enclosed format, and clearance from administrative/vigilance angles and Integrity Certificate may also be sent. The vigilance clearance of the officer may be sent in the prescribed proforma attached with the application form.
- Eligibility criteria for Port Officers: (i) Eligible Officers belonging to the Major Port Trusts are to be considered for this post. The officers holding the posts of HODs with minimum 4 years of regular service in Category I Ports or officers holding the post of HODs with minimum of 5 years of regular service in Category II Ports are eligible to be considered for the post provided that incumbents of highly specialized posts of HODs such as Chief Medical Officers and Chief Law Officers shall not be eligible for consideration. (ii) Port Officers working in Major Port Trusts who are eligible to be considered for the post as per para 4 (i) above should send their applications through proper channel. (iii) While forwarding the applications the Chairman of the concerned Port may please ensure the following documents are sent along with the application form: (i) ACRs of last 5 years (2009-10 to 2013-14) (ii) A certificate on adverse entries in the ACRs, if any. (iii) If the ACRs of a particular years between 2009-10 to 2013-14 is pending/not available, “No Report Certificate” may be furnished. (iv) A statement showing ACRs gradings should also be furnished. (v) The details regarding officers holding higher posts on ad-hoc/temporary basis should be clearly specified. (vi) The Vigilance status of the candidate in the prescribed proforma duly filled in column- wise and signed by CVOs of the concerned Port (with details of last ten years )
Selection Procedure for Ministry of Shipping – Deputy Chairman Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 21.05.2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How to apply for Deputy Chairman Vacancy in Ministry of Shipping:
The applications which are incomplete/received after due date/not sent through proper channel will not be considered. The last date for receipt of applications in this Ministry is 21.05.2015. The applications may be sent to the undersigned at the following address. Under Secretary (PE), Ministry of Shipping, Room No. 427 Transport Bhawan 1, Parliament Street New Delhi-110001.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 21.05.2015
Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2015 – F. No. A-12022/7/2015-PE.I