Ministry of Shipping has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Member (Technical) through recruitment notification – Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2015 – NO. A-12011/4/2015-IWT. Candidates who have completed B.E, B.Tech can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of Shipping
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Member (Technical) Job on or before 15/6/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Ministry of Shipping
Vacancy Name : Member (Technical)
Educational Qualification : B.E/B.Tech
Total No of Vacancy : 01 Post
Salary : Rs.37,400-67,000/- p.m
Job Location : New Delhi
Last Date to Apply for this job : 15/6/2015
Address for the Job Vacancy : Transport Bhawan, 1,Parliament Street, New Delhi-110001
Detail of Ministry of ShippingMember (Technical) Recruitment:
Filling up the post of Member (Technical) in the Pay Band-4 (Rs. 37,400- 67,000)+ Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000 in Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), Noida (UP) on deputation asis. It is proposed to fill up one post of Member (Technical) in Inland Waterways Authority (IWAI), Noida (UP) by transfer on deputation basis. The post is in the Pay Band-4 (Rs. 37,400- Rs.67,000) + Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000. The term of deputation is 3 years and can be extended up to 5 years.
- Member (Technical), Inland Waterways Authority of India will be responsible for:- (a) Investigation, planning and formulation of projects and execution of water fronts and waterways structures and maintenance of infrastructure facilities on national waterways for shipping and navigation. (b) Carrying out river conservancy works and river training works for safety and convenience of shipping and navigation on national waterways. (c) Operation, Management, repair and maintenance of vessels related to development and maintenance of Inland/Coastal Waterways. (d) Implementation of traffic regulations on national waterways and supervision of navigation, hydrographic surveys etc. (e) Organizing and conduction studies/surveys on national waterways and other potential waterways. (f) Rendering technical advice and expertise to the Authority. (g) Any other responsibility assigned by the Chairman. (h) He will be a full-time Member of the Authority.
- As a Member of the Authority, Member (Technical) will be entitled for free unfurnished accommodation on deduction or 10 percent of the salary subject to the ceiling on the monthly rentals for such accommodation to be regulated in accordance with the rules for the time being in force for allotment of residence or to draw such house rent allowance as is admissible to the same category of officers of the Government of India.
- Age- Not exceeding 56 years on the closing date of receipt of application (Age limit will not be applicable In case of departmental candidates);
- Term: 3 years, extendable up to 5 years.
- Qualification and Experience:
- Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture from a recognized university.
- Experience: At least 10 years experience in planning, investigation, designing and execution of waterfront structures out of which at least 3 years should be in the PB-4 (Rs. 37,400-67000) plus Grade Pay of Rs. 8700 (pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 14,300- 18,300/- or equivalent and above):
- Desirable: The applicant should be well-versed in infrastructure creation, maintenance and contract management. The applicant should also have fair knowledge of river conservancy and river training works for safety and convenience of shipping and navigation. Experience in barge operations, lock/ship lift operations, dredging operations, navigational aids, hydrographic survey, operation, management and maintenance of various type of inland vessels etc would also be desirable.
Selection Procedure for Ministry of Shipping- Member (Technical) Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/6/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Member (Technical) Vacancy in Ministry of Shipping:
It may also be noted that in the event of selection, the concerned officer will not be permitted to withdraw his candidature. 6. It is requested that the vacancy may be circulated and applications (in the enclosed format) from the eligible officers, who could be spared immediately in the event of their selection, may be forwarded along with the following documents so as to reach the undersigned within 45 days from the date of publications of the notice in Employment News/Rojgar Samachar: (i) Cadre/Administrative clearance; (ii) Vigilance Clearance; (iii) Integrity Certificate; and (iv) A certificate to the effect that no major/minor penalty has been imposed upon the applicant during the last 10 year.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/6/2015
Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2014 – NO. A-12011/4/2015-IWT.