Ministry of Shipping has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Deputy Chairman through recruitment notification – Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2015 – A-12022/6/2014-PE.I. Candidates who have completed Graduate can apply for the new recruitment notification from Ministry of Shipping
Eligible candidates can apply offline for the Deputy Chairman Job on or before 02/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Ministry of Shipping|
|Vacancy Name||Deputy Chairman|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 Post|
|Salary||Rs. 75,000-90,000/- p.m|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||02/03/2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Under Secretary (PE), Ministry of Shipping, Room No. 438 Transport Bhawan 1, Parliament Street New Delhi-110001|
Detail of Ministry of Shipping Deputy Chairman Recruitment:
- The Ministry of Shipping invites applications from All India Service/Central Civil Services Group ‘A’ officers for the post of Deputy Chairman in Visakhapatnam Port Trust in the pay scale of Rs. 75,000-90,000/- (in industrial DA pattern). Apart from the salary, the post also carries the perquisites such as dedicated accommodation, transport, medical attendance, LTC etc. The Port Trust is an autonomous body governed under the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963. Appointment to the post is made by the Central Govt. under section 3 (1) (b) of the Major Port Trust Act, 1963. The officer appointed as Deputy Chairman, Visakhapatman Port Trust is liable to be transferred to any other Major Port Trusts.
- The Deputy Chairman of the Port is one of the trustees of the Board. He is the Deputy Chief Executive of the Organisation and assists the Chairman in all aspects of Port functioning. He is required to exercise administrative and financial powers and also to supervise the functioning of various departments with the ports. The job requirements, therefore, are the following: –
- Wide administrative experience and General Managerial ability;
- Experience and talent in man-management in highly unionized environment;
- Experience and ability in Financial Management;
- Ability to formulate and implement development plans and also to prepare broad perspective plan for development of a port;
- Ability to co-ordinate with various agencies such as State Governments, the Law and order authorities, different agencies of Central Government such as customs, Railway, Ministry of Labour, etc.;
- Experience and ability in personnel management and understanding of establishment matters.
- Officers belonging to All India Service/Central Civil Services Group ‘A’, who have put in not less than 13 years of service in Group ‘A’ are eligible to be considered for this post. Preference may be given to those having experience of working in Port and Shipping sectors. The other terms and conditions of appointment of the officers selected, shall be as per the rules and instructions of Central Government. 4. The post is not a part of the Central Staffing Scheme. The appointment will be made on deputation basis for a period of 5 years or as may be decided by the Competent Authority.
- The Cadre Controlling Authorities/the State Governments are requested to give wide publicity to the vacancy and forward names of suitable and willing officers for consideration for the post. The ACRs (only attested photocopies & gradings in tabular form) of the officer for the last five years (From 2009-10 to 2013-14) along with the bio-data in the enclosed format, and clearance from administrative/vigilance angles, Integrity Certificate may also be sent. The vigilance clearance of the officer may be furnished in the proforma (attached). If ACR of any particular period is not available, a ‘No Report Certificate’ duly signed by Competent Authority should be sent. It should also be ensured that 5 complete ACRs are available for consideration by enclosing photocopies of previous years ACRs. A statement containing the ACRs gradings should also be furnished.
Selection Procedure for Ministry of Shipping- Deputy Chairman Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 02/03/2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Deputy Chairman Vacancy in Ministry of Shipping:
The last date for receipt of applications in this Ministry is 02/03/2015. The applications may be sent to the undersigned at the following address:
Under Secretary (PE),
Ministry of Shipping,
Room No. 438
1, Parliament Street
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 02/03/2015
Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2014 – A-12022/6/2014-PE.I.
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Ministry of Shipping|
|Other Central Government jobs|
|Other Top company jobs|
30-10-2016 , 31-10-2016