Ministry of Shipping invites application for the recruitment of Navigational Assistant Grade II with Diploma holders
Company name : Ministry of Shipping
Posts : Navigational Assistant Grade II
Qualification : Diploma
Salary : Rs.5200 – 20200/- P.M.
No of Post : 31
Location : Kolkatta
Last date to apply : 15.09.2014
Details of Post :
Navigational Assistant Grade II
APPLICATIONS are invited in the prescribed format as enclosed (on a good quality A-4 size paper using one side only) from eligible Indian Nationals for the post of a) 31 posts of Navigational Assistant Grade II (Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted) (in the Directorate of Lighthouses & Lightships, Jamnagar, Mumbai, Cochin, Chennai, Kolkata & Port Blair)
Applications completed in all respect along with required enclosures should be sent only by Speed Post or Registered Post to “THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERAL, DIRECTORATE OF LIGHTHOUSES & LIGHTSHIPS, ‘DEEP BHAVAN’, D- 372/2,TARATALLA ROAD , KOLKATA -700088 (WEST BENGAL)” so as to reach on or before 08.09.2014 up to 17.00 Hrs. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep Island the closing date of receipt of application by post will be 15.09.2014 up to 17.00 Hrs. No application will be accepted after the due date. No further communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Name of the Post : Navigational Assistant Grade II
- No of Post : 31
- Qualification : (i) Diploma in Electronics or Telecommunication or Electronics & Communication or Electrical and Electronics from a institution recognized by Central Government or State Government (ii) One year’s practical experience in the field of wireless communication (including installation & maintenance of wireless transmitter & receivers) or Aids to Navigation (including Visual and Radio Aids to Navigation), automatic relay systems or Diesel generator sets.
- Age : The lower and upper age limit indicated will be reckoned as on 08.09.2014. The upper age limit is relaxable as under subject to submission of requisite certificate. The upper age limit relaxation for other categories like Ex-Servicemen, Physically Handicapped candidates etc. will be as per the admissible rule of Govt. of India for the recruitment to the post as on 08.09.2014. For Govt. Servants it is up to 40 years.
- Remuneration : 5200 – 20200 GP 2800
HOW TO APPLY:
- The application format as per Annexure – 1 (which can be down loaded from the above site) should be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting with blue or black ball point pen (not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen) dated and signed. Only international numerical i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc. should be used. The application form should be filled strictly observing all the instructions given in the Centralized Employment Notice. The candidate should affix his/her normal signature in the application form. Application signed in capital/spaced out letter will be treated as invalid. The candidate’s Name, Address with Pin Code, Date of Birth, Father’s Name and nearest Railway Station should be written legibly in English in bold capital letters.
- Photographs: One recent (not earlier than three months from the date of application) colour photograph of size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm with clear visibility of face and a portion of shoulder should be pasted on the application form. The back ground of the photo with white or light colour is more preferable. The face should be at the centre of the photography. The eyes shall be clearly visible in photo. Photo with Cap /Hat and photos taken head covered with clothes (except which is related to religious vow) and photos with goggles, and photos with partial visibility of face are not accepted. Those who are using spectacles for vision correction should take the photo wearing the spectacles. Xerox copy of photograph is not permitted. The candidate should sign in the space provided in the box below photograph. Candidate may note that the Deputy Director General of Lighthouses & Lightships, Kolkata may reject at any stage for pasting old / unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photographs pasted in the application and the actual physical appearance of the candidate.
- Applications which are not in prescribed format, more than one application, illegible, incomplete, unsigned, signed in capital letters, without colour photo of candidate are liable to be rejected.
- The envelope containing the application should be clearly super-scribed “Application for the post of Navigational Assistant Grade II”, Centralized Employment Notice No 10 &11/2014, Date of Advertisement : 23.08.2014, Community (UR/SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-SM).
- Mobile number & e-mail address should be provided positively in prescribed Form (Annexure-1) for sending alert massage /information for downloading admit card / venue.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility conditions. The candidate should have the requisite Educational/Technical qualification from recognized University/Institute. The experience will only be counted after attaining the essential qualification for the prescribed post.
- No extra weightage will be given to candidates possessing higher qualification.
- The candidates are required to sign in English or Hindi in the prescribed places provided in the application, Information Sheet, Answer Sheet, Question Booklet and other places should be identical. The signature must be in running hand and not in block capital or disjointed letters. Signature at the time of application, written examination and document verification in different style or language may result in cancellation of candidature.
- Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Higher School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate as on the date of submission of application will only be accepted.
- Vacancies of Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disability (PWD) given in the above table are not separate but included in the total number of vacancies.
- The number of vacancies indicated in the Centralized Employment Notice is provisional and may increase or decrease depend upon the actual needs of the administration. The administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at the discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all.
- Date of examination, venue of examination & call letters for written examination will be hosted on the website www.dgll.nic.in & www.dgllrcmt.com at least one month prior to the written examination for the post. Candidates have to download admit card from the website www.dgll.nic.in & www.dgllrcmt.com. Centre for Examination will be indicated on the admit card. The Examination Centre will not be changed under any circumstances. The candidates are advised to visit the website from time to time. NO HARD COPY OF THE ADMIT CARD WILL BE SENT TO ANY CANDIDATES.
- The candidates who are successful in the written examination will be called for the interview. No TA or other expenses will be admissible to the candidates for appearing in the written examination. However only unemployed SC/ST & Person with Disability candidates who will be called for interview will be reimbursed the fares as admissible under the Rules.
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum in the pay band plus grade pay plus other allowances as applicable at that time.
- While all candidates irrespective of community may be considered against UR vacancies. However, against the vacancies earmarked for specific community SC/ST/OBC, only candidates belonging to that community will be considered. For this purpose, SC/ST/OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities per the Format given at Annexure – 2 (for SC/St candidates) and Annexure – 3 (for OBC candidates) only. Further, in case of OBC candidates, the certificates should specifically indicate that the candidate does not belong to the Persons/Sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Col.3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training per admissible rules . The OBC candidate should enclose self declaration of non-creamy layer status in the Proforma in Annexure – 4.
- Candidate who wishes to be considered against vacancies reserved and / or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority and self declaration of non-creamy layer status in case of OBCs in the prescribed format along with the application form itself. Otherwise, their claim for reserved status will not be entertained and the candidature / application of such candidate fulfilling all eligibility conditions for General (UR) category will be considered under General (UR) category only.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC who fulfill required qualification/technical qualification can also apply against UR vacancies. They will, however have to compete with the UR candidates. No age relaxation will be allowed to such SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against UR vacancies.
- The experience certificate should indicate a brief description of nature of duties performed by the candidate.
- Final selected candidates for the post Navigational Assistant Grade II are suppose to serve at any Light House station including remote and island locations and liable to be transferred anywhere in India away from the headquarters. The post is all India service liabilities.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 15.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From MoS|
08-12-2016 , 09-12-2016