Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) invites application for the recruitment of Junior Consultants with Post Graduate Degree educational background
Company name :Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI)
Posts : Junior Consultants
Qualification : Post Graduate Degree
Salary : Rs. 25000-Rs.40,000/- p.m
No of Openings : 02
Location : New Delhi
Last date to apply : 26.09.2014
Details of Post :
Applications are invited from eligible candidates in a prescribed form for appointment as Junior Consultants in the IS-IIP Unit of Economic Statistics Division (ESD), Central Statistics Office (CSO), New Delhi as per the following job description, educational qualification and other particulars:
- Number of positions Two (2)
- Place of posting CSO, MoSPI, New Delhi
- Job requirement Data preparation, tabulation and generation of analyzed statistical reports required for ad-hoc time-bound activities in the field of economic statistics arising from various technical recommendations of Expert Committees/ Working Groups, etc.
- Essential Qualifications Post Graduate Degree from an Indian university in Statistics/Operations Research or Mathematics
- Desirable Qualifications : a. Strong communication skills, both oral and written b. Analytical and presentation skills with ability to generate well-researched written reports c. Data handling experience using application packages such as MS-EXCEL, MS-ACCESS, SPSS, R, SAS, STATA, etc.) [Documents must be made available in support of claims in this respect]
- Maximum age Limit Not more than 40 years as on 01.01.2015
- Tenure a. Tenure at the time of appointment will be six months from the date of appointment and extendable upto a period of 1 year b. The continuation within the tenure of a consultant will be on the basis of periodic review by ADG (ESD) and the Consultancy Evaluation Committee (CEC), if necessary c. Extension of tenure will be based upon performance review as well as willingness of the consultant.
- Entitlements a. A consolidated monthly emolument between Rs. 25,000/- and Rs. 40,000/- will be payable depending upon educational qualification and experience; b. Rs. 1500/- per month for local conveyance will also be payable; c. 8 days leave in a calendar year on pro-rata basis will be allowed;
- Others No TA/DA will be payable to candidates for attending the writtentest or joining office on selection.
Method of selection:
- A short-list of ten candidates will be drawn up based on their scores (out of a maximum score of 65) on the following criterion:a) percentage of marks obtained in post-graduation (maximum score: 50) b) higher educational qualifications (M. Phil/ Ph. D in relevant discipline) possessed (Maximum score: 5) c) data handling experience using application packages such as MS-EXCEL, MS-ACCESS, SPSS, R, SAS, STATA, etc. (maximum score: 10).
- For final selection, the aforesaid ten (10) shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for a short written/ practical test on data preparation, carrying a maximum score of 35 marks.
- The final list of candidates to be selected for the two (2) junior consultants’ position will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained as per the scoring schemes stated at 2.1 and 2.2 above.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates may send their application in the appended format (Appendix-I) by e-mail, by speed post or by hand to the following address, along with scanned/self-attested copies, as the case may be, of the documents in support of educational and other qualifications claimed in their applications. Last date of receipt of application is 21 days from the date of announcement on this website.Shri S. Chakrabarti, Deputy Director General Ministry of Statistics & PI 8 th Floor, J. P. Building 25, Kasturba Gandhi Marg New Delhi- 110 001 Tel – 011-2331-2241 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Applications incomplete in any respect, or received after due date will not be accepted.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply : 26.09.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From MOSPI||Submit Your Resume to Fresherslive|