Nalanda University has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Chair & Dean through recruitment notification – Nalanda University Recruitment 2015. Candidates who have completed Ph.d can apply for the new recruitment notification from Nalanda University.
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job Chair & Dean on or before 15/07/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : Nalanda University
Vacancy Name : Chair & Dean
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : Rs-75,000/-pm
Job Location : Nalanda
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 15/07/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : Nalanda University, Nalanda, Rajgir, Bihar 803116.
Detail Of Nalanda University Chair & Dean Recruitment:
- Position Start Date August, 2015
- Deadline Open until filled
- Date Posted July 01, 2015
- Type Four Year Fixed Term
- Salary $75000+35% Allowances (Per Annum)
- Total number of Positions One
- Following a commitment made by Australia at the East Asia Summit, the Australian Government is supporting the establishment of Nalanda University. This funding will support a Professorial Chair in the School of Ecology and Environment Studies. Nalanda is a post graduate international research university, designated as an institution of national importance in India.
- The University has commenced its academic programmes with two Schools: Historical Studies and Ecology and Environment Studies. Nalanda University invites applications for the position of Chair and Dean, School of Ecology and Environment Studies.
- The ideal candidate will be both a distinguished scholar and an innovative administrator, with demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, who will guide the School into becoming a leading institution globally.
- The School of Ecology and Environment Studies embraces a broad range of academic pursuits from natural sciences to social sciences. It promotes education and research on the interactions between the natural environment and human activities.
- The School endeavours to become a prominent academic institution that addresses pressing local, regional and global environmental problems through education, research, collaborations and policy recommendations.
- The School offers a twoyear master degree and is also developing a PhD programme. Given the inter-disciplinary character of the School, the University has appointed a core faculty drawn from natural sciences and social sciences.
- PhD with a specialization in Earth System Science/Environmental Law and Policies/Energy and Resource Economics/Food and Agro Eco System/Environmental Health/Environmental Application of Remote Sensing and GPS/Disaster Resilience and Mitigation/Bio-Diversity and Conservation/Environmental Modeling/Climate Change or related fields.
- Previous teaching experience with high ratings of teaching effectiveness.
- Evidence of scholarly activity or strong potential for scholarly contributions.
- Demonstrable record of administrative experience and academic leadership.
- We seek a distinguished scholar and innovative administrator with an outstanding reputation and demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, diversity and inclusiveness, who will bring vision and inspiring leadership to the School.
- Ability to develop industry liaisons, professional contacts and international university links. Experience in liaising and collaborating with external agencies to develop co-operative research initiatives.
- Evidence of a contribution to research, including successful external grant funding.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team environments and develop enhanced professional relationships. High-level communication, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and balance responsibilities across various institutions/ organizations. 1
- Ensure that activities of the School support the University’s objectives.
- Familiarity with the administrative and management systems of a University set up.
- Ability to set and communicate clear vision and expectations for School and individual performance.
- Experience of effectively line-managing individual members of staff and teams.
- Ability to create a collegial atmosphere and willingness to take account of diverse views, while accepting responsibilities for decisions.
- Have a good understanding of the academic disciplines of the School.
Selection Procedure For Nalanda University – Chair & Dean Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 15/07/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Chair & Dean Vacancy in Nalanda University:
- The entire application process is paperless in keeping with the University’s commitment to sustainability. Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to: [email protected]
- Cover letter (which must clearly indicate position and rank applied for)
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy, along with indicative courses (1-2 page)
- Statement of research interests, along with research plan for the next three years (500 words)
- Contact information of at least five (5) academic/ professional references
- All queries regarding applications should be sent to the following address: Dr. B.C. Ambika Prasad Pani Academic Programme Coordinator Nalanda University Rajgir, Nalanda-803116 Bihar, INDIA. E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected] (Please note that E-mail continues to be our preferred mode of communication)
- Review of applications will begin on July 15, 2015 and continue until the position is filled
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 15/07/2015
Top Company Openings:
09-12-2016 , 10-12-2016