Nalanda University has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Deputy Librarian through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Lib can apply for the new recruitment notification from Nalanda University
Eligible candidates can apply online for the Deputy Librarian Job on or before 02.02.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Nalanda University|
|Vacancy Name||Deputy Librarian|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||02.02.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Nalanda University, Bihar|
Detail of Nalanda University Deputy Librarian Recruitment:
- Job Description The Deputy Librarian is responsible for the efficient management of operations in the University Library on a day-to-day basis. This includes services to students, researchers and faculty. The incumbent shall serve in a senior administrative capacity for the Nalanda Library and work along with the University Librarian, various Deans, and others on strategic planning, budget, policy development, communication and assessment in support of the Nalanda Library mission. The Deputy Librarian is expected to develop and manage collections of books and journals (both paper and electronic). He/she shall assume overall responsibility for the Library in the absence of the University Librarian. He/she is also expected to be versed with library-wide planning, policy making, and development & evaluation of services. The Deputy librarian shall assist in the decision-making process for developing the library operating budget. He/she may have to attend meetings to represent the University Librarian both on and off campus. He/she is supposed to participate in general library administration by serving on appropriate committees as assigned and by contributing to the planning and developing of library-wide policies. He/she may have to deal with user enquiries, which may involve one-on-one advice sessions. The University Deputy Librarian is expected to be keep abreast with relevant global practices undertaken in the library sector. As part of Library administration, he/she shall maintain relationships with external bodies, such as suppliers, publishers and distributors. The Deputy Librarian shall also be skilled in selecting, acquiring and cataloguing information using library and information software. His/her assistance may be will be required by researchers for literature searches using databases, printed resources and the internet. His/her liaison capabilities with members of faculty, students and other users of Library shall be impeccable.
- Age : 45 Years
- Qualification & Experience A full time Master’s degree in Library Science /Information Science/Documentation/Archives and manuscript keeping, or equivalent from any recognized University. The incumbent shall have a minimum of 5 years experience as an Assistant University Librarian/ Librarian of a reputed Research Institution. Those with similar experience at a comparable library may also be considered. Evidence of innovative library services, published work and professional commitments. Fluent communication skills in English are essential, as also word processing/IT skills relevant to Library operation.
- Role Specific Competencies Awareness of the key issues facing services in Higher Education An understanding of the information needs of a major research-led academic institution An understanding of the rapid changes taking place in scholarly communication
Selection Procedure for Nalanda University – Deputy Librarian Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 02.02.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for Deputy Librarian Vacancy in Nalanda University:
Kindly see instruction on Job Instructions page and send in your applications at [email protected]
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 02.02.2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Nalanda University|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017