Nalanda University has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of University Librarian through recruitment notification. Candidates who have completed M.Lib can apply for the new recruitment notification from Nalanda University
Eligible candidates can apply online for the University Librarian Job on or before 02.02.2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
|Company Name||Nalanda University|
|Vacancy Name||University Librarian|
|Total No of Vacancy||01 posts|
|Last Date to Apply for this job||02.02.2015|
|Address for the Job Vacancy||Nalanda University, Bihar|
Detail of Nalanda University University Librarian Recruitment:
- Job Title : University Librarian
- Salary : US $ 27 K -$ 40 K per annum
- Age : Preferably 55 years
- Job Description The University Librarian will provide leadership to ensure the Library excels in the provision of support for teaching, learning and research at the University. The Librarian is responsible for the overall administration, human resource management and budget for the University Library and archives, and for the management and policy development for library services. The University Librarian has responsibility to set up the University library and acquisitions, or collections management unit. This includes delivery of circulation, inter/intra-library loan, and other library services; and the completion of library technical operations. The librarian will analyze workflows and procedures, and develop procedure manuals. He/she will lead management teams that recommend policy, plan the direction of the library or service unit, and implement projects. This task is all the more crucial in times when the nature and role of libraries as repositories of knowledge is changing as are patterns of knowledge delivery.
- Duties and Responsibilities Generally: Maintain, and, enhance and improve, the Library’s integrated learning environment, and the engagement of students, faculty and staff in that environment. Ensure equitable access to information resources, services, facilities and systems, in physical or virtual environments on campus. Be innovative and proactive in the implementation of new technologies and library services.
- More specifically: Assure adequate library and research resources are available to meet faculty and student needs, within assigned budget. Plan for collection growth and technological change. Research, conclude and manage all required and/or beneficial license, copyright and consortia agreements. Manage Library budget. Hire and train staff and conduct performance reviews to ensure a high level of professional service. Participate in the academic administration of the University through Library Committee and the Deans and Boards of Studies. Other duties as may be reasonably assigned. University Librarian January 2015
- Qualifications and Experience A Masters of Library Science degree from an accredited program, or equivalent, and a minimum of five years of progressively more responsible administrative experience in an academic library with a minimum of two years experience performing supervisory and one or more library activities is desirable. Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and competency in library science/library operations including circulation, classification, original and copy cataloging and bibliographic systems, formats, rules, guidelines, and standards; is essential. Must display broad knowledge and understanding of current issues in academic libraries. Also, requires good communication skills and computer literacy.An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge, Skills and abilities Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of new technologies and innovative services in an academic library environment. Demonstrated leadership, collegiality, and strong communication skills Demonstrated commitment to the teaching, research and service missions of a university. Demonstrated commitment to scholarship and professional growth.
- Core Competencies Communication Continuous learning Flexibility Leadership and motivation Organizational Awareness Planning and coordination Problem solving and judgment Results Orientation Service Orientation Teamwork and Collaboration Values and Ethics
Selection Procedure for Nalanda University – University Librarian Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 02.02.2015.
- No detailed information about the selection procedure is mentioned in the recruitment notification.
How to apply for University Librarian Vacancy in Nalanda University:
Kindly see instruction on Job Instructions page and send in your applications at [email protected]
All applications to be sent on the E-mail Ids prescribed, alongside the specification for the specific post by 5:00P.M on 02/02/2015.
Barring two, all the positions will be based at Rajgir, District Nalanda, Bihar. Director Admissions and Director Communications will be positions based in our New Delhi office. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Mere fulfilment of eligibility criteria will not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. All positions are on contract basis. The University reserves the right to consider the names of those persons who may not have made a formal application. The University reserves the right not to fill any or all of the advertised positions without assigning any reason.
Important dates to remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 02.02.2015
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From Nalanda University|
|Other Teaching/Research jobs|
28-10-2016 , 29-10-2016