National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. NABI/8(33)/2015-GAP-15/2. Candidates who have completed M.Sc can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI).
Eligible candidates need not to apply online for this Junior Research Fellow. Walk in Interview will be held on 25/06/2015 at 09.00 A.M. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below
Company Name : National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Sc
Total No Of Vacancy :01 Posts
Job Location :Mohali
Walk in Date to Apply For This Job : 25/06/2015
Walk in Address For The Job Vacancy : NABI Interim Facility located at C-127, Industrial Area, Phase VIII, Ajitgarh (Mohali), Punjab
Detail Of National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali is an autonomous R&D Institute under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. The institute carries out cutting edge research at the interface of Food, Nutrition and Agricultural Biotechnology. Applications are invited for the positions of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under the DBT sponsored research project in the Agricultural Biotechnology research programme at NABI.
- Project Title: “A genomics assisted synthetic hexaploid wheat gene isolation and prebreeding platform for improvement of heat tolerance and sustainable production”.
- Principle Investigator: Dr. Monika Garg
- Sponsoring agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India.
- Position available: 1 JRF
- Duration: The appointment will be for 3 years or till the termination of the project whichever is earlier, and subject to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments.
- Objective: This project combines the generation of SHW-derived germplasm with genomicsassisted and statistical genetic approaches to establish an integrated platform for trait improvement, gene discovery and pre-breeding. This will be exploited within the project timeframe to identify novel genetic and transcriptional variation controlling heat-stress resistance for deplyment within Indian and UK pre-breeding programs. The positioning of project outputs and partners at the interface between wheat genetic research and breeding in India and the UK will be leveraged to aid rapid translation of the pre-breeding resources generated into the breeding sector. To fulfill these objectives, controlled heat stress assay, cell membrane stability (CMS), effect of heat on grain size, seed protein and starch deposition will be studied. Fractionation, quantification and differential expression studies of different proteins affected by heat stress will be carried out for marker development and its utilization for screening of generated double haploid population. Studies on starch granule distribution, accumulation pattern and amylose: amylopectin ratio in response to controlled environment stress will be studied at NABI.
- Essential qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in basic science (M.Sc.) with NET qualification or Graduate degree in professional course with NET qualification or Post Graduate degree in professional course Professional course: Degrees in engineering/technology, medicine, pharma, veterinary and agriculture NET: CSIR-UGC NET, MHRD-GATE, DBT-NET, DAE-JEST & JGEEBILS, NBHM, ICMR-JEE, ICAR test for Ph.D, DoP-GPAT
- Desirable qualifications: 1. NET- 2. Prior research or training experience in Agricultural biotechnology, 2D-PAGE and mass spectroscopy. 3. Skills and knowledge of plant molecular biology.
- Age: 28 years (5 years’ relaxation for Female/SC/ST/Physically Handicapped Candidate and 3 years for OBC Candidate)
- Emoluments: Rs. 25,000/- per month plus 20% HRA as per guidelines and service conditions as notified by DST OM No.SR/S9/Z-09/2012 dated 21.10.2014. CSIR-LS will get 12000/- + HRA, as for now, but if DST/DBT revises the fellowship candidate will receive revised fellowship.
Selection Procedure For National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Written Test on 25/06/2015.
- Shortlisted candidates will undertake face to face interview.
- Dates are yet to be announced for the final selection
Walkin Procedure For Junior Research Fellow vacancy in National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI):
All interested candidates may appear for walk-ininterview at NABI Interim Facility located at C-127, Industrial Area, Phase VIII, Ajitgarh (Mohali), Punjab on 25 th June, 2015 at 09:00 AM along-with duly filled application form available on the website www.nabi.res.in. Further, interested candidates should also send the softcopy of the application form to [email protected] The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI-reception desk from 0900 Hrs to 1000 Hrs on 25 th June, 2015. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed. All the candidates are requested to appear for the interview with full CV, thesis/project report, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. Candidates will be encouraged to register for Ph.D. One of the JRF will get chance to undertake three months training at NIAB (UK) in second year in Genetics and Bioinformatics and to attend coinciding dissemination events and workshops in UK. Candidates awaiting their results can also apply. But there appointment will be subject to completion of the degree.
Important Dates To Remember :
Walk in date for this job : 25/06/2015
VENUE : NABI Interim Facility located at C-127, Industrial Area, Phase VIII, Ajitgarh (Mohali), Punjab
Reference: National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. NO. NABI/8(33)/2015-GAP-15/2
24-02-2017 , 25-02-2017