National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Junior Research Fellow through recruitment notification – National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. No: 2015-Researcher (1) . Candidates who have completed Ph.d can apply for the new recruitment notification from National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI).
Eligible candidates can apply online/ offline for the Job Junior Research Fellow on or before 29/06/2015. Find more information about the vacancy like Age limit, Selection Process, Qualification, Application fee, How to apply etc can be found below.
Company Name : National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
Vacancy Name : Junior Research Fellow
Educational Qualification : M.Phil/Ph.d
Total No Of Vacancy : 01 Posts
Salary : NA
Job Location : Mohali
Last Date To Apply For This Job : 29/06/2015
Address For The Job Vacancy : National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), C-127, Industrial Area, Phase VIII, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali-160 071. (Pb)
Detail Of National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) Junior Research Fellow Recruitment:
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali, is an autonomous R&D Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The institute carries out cutting edge research at the interface of agricultural biotechnology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, food processing, postharvest technology, and nutritional sciences.
- NABI has state of art facilities in the area of genomics (ABI 3730xl, RT-PCR, DNA analyzer, Affymetrix Microarray system, bioanalyzer, liquid handling system, automated DNA extraction system, LCM, Mass-Array (sequenom), etc), proteomics (MALDI-TOF-TOF, QTOF, nano-LC, LA-ICP-MS, HPLC, GCMS-MS, HP-TLC, UPLC, etc.), high performance computing facility, and food science (NIR, FTIR, etc.).
- To accelerate high quality research, applications are invited from motivated candidates with high level of creativity, innovative research ideas and communication skills and drive for carrying out research aiming at the following areas.
- Selected JRF will be encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program at Panjab University.
- Junior Research Fellow:Agri-Biotechnology: 1) Gene discovery for improvement of processing and nutritional quality in wheat 2) Metabolic engineering for enhanced biosynthesis of provitamin-A in Indian banana fruit
- Food Biotechnology: 1) Biological applications of lactic acid bacteria 2) Fabricating nanostructured enzyme complexes for bio-catalysis 3) Developing glycoconjugates capped multifunctional gold nanorod based nanobiosensor for detection of multiple food borne bacteria
- Nutrition Biotechnology: 1) Gene regulation in iron homeostasis using cell based assays and mice model
- Project Assistant (level-II) 1) Validation of the Consensus sequences location on wheat genomes
- The JRF should mention their respective research interest of choice by mentioning the Project No at the given space in application form.
- The JRFs will be hired as per the emoluments’ guidelines and service conditions notified by DST (DST OM No.SR/S9/Z- 09/2012 dated 21.10.2014) as per their own fellowship support or a fellowship from NABI or externally funded project.
- For project assistant the fellowship amount to Rs. 8,000/- per month as per guidelines notified by DST OM No.C-30011/1/2007-IFD dated 21.07.2008.
Selection Procedure For National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) – Junior Research Fellow Post:
- Candidates can apply on or before 29/06/2015
- No Detailed information about the selection process is mentioned in the recruitment notification
How To Apply For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy in National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI):
- NABI may or may not select candidates against one or more of the above areas of research, depending upon the suitability of the candidate to carry out high quality research.
- Applications in the prescribed format (that can be downloaded from NABI website, www.nabi.res.in) by post to Administrative Officer, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, C-127, Industrial Area, Phase VIII, S.A.S Nagar-160071, Punjab so as to reach latest by 29 th June, 2015 before 6.00 PM. Applications received after the deadline will not be entertained.
- Suitable candidates will be shortlisted as per DST guidelines and based on their area of qualification, training, research experience and relevance of skills to the institute.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview in front of a selection committee.
Important Dates To Remember :
Last Date to Apply for this job 29/06/2015
Reference: National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) Recruitment 2015 – ADVT. No: 2015-Researcher (1)