National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute invites application for the recruitment of Executive Director with Ph.D holders
Company name : National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
Posts : Executive Director
Qualification : Ph.D
Salary : Rs.80,000/-pm
No of Openings : 01
Location : Mohali
Last date to apply : 25.12.2014
Details of Post :
Ministry of Science & Technology (Department of Biotechnology), Government of India, invites applications /nominations of eligible persons on deputation (including short term contract) for the post of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR- NATIONAL AGRI-FOOD BIOTECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE MOHALI, PUNJAB, an autonomous Institute funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The details of the institute are available at the website: www.nabi.res.in
The period of deputation includes period of deputation in other ex-cadre post, held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/Department should ordinarily not exceed 5 years.
Deatils of the post of Executive Director:
- The goal of NABI is to serve as a Centre of Excellence in genomics, translational science and product development with focus on agribiotechnology, food science technology, nutrition sciences and nutraceuticals. Details of the job and other particulars of the post of Executive Director, NABI are given below:
- The Executive Director is expected to provide both academic and administrative leadership to the Centre in its intramural and extramural activities.
- The post carries a basic pay of Rs.80,000/- with usual allowances as per Central Government Rules.
- Age (desirable): below 56 years.
- Essential (i) Ph.D. in food technology/biochemical or bioprocess Engineering or related field. (ii) Minimum 20 years research experience in the field of biotechnology, specifically for application in agriculture, food processing, nutrition and health. (iii) Excellent track record, hand in research publications patents and awards.
- Desirable (i) Experience in successfully running large programme, centre, institution. (ii) Experience of guiding research activities in relevant field.
How to apply:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India. Applicants from Government / Semigovernment organization / Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations must send their applications “Through Proper Channel”. Applications received without the recommendations of employers will not be considered. The crucial date of determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications.
- Completed applications strictly in the prescribed format with a passport size photograph fixed at the space shown in the format along with testimonials should be sent to Smt. Kusum Lata Sharma, Deputy Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 superscribing the cover, the post applied for within 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement. The closing date for receipt of application from candidates residing abroad and from Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshdweep Islands, States/Union Territories in the North-Eastern region, Ladakh region of J&K, Sikkim, Sub division Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh will be 45 days. Other relevant details and the Application Format be referred at our website: www.dbtindia.nic.in.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 25.12.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NABI|