National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) invites application for the recruitment of Academic Office Manager with Graduate, Ph.D holders
Company name :National Centre for Biological Sciences(NCBS)
Posts :Academic Office Manager
Qualification : Graduate, Ph.D
Salary : NA
No of Post : 01
Last date to apply : 07/11/2014
Details of Post :
The Bangalore Biocluster, an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India, invites applications from suitable individuals for the position of Academic Office Manager.
Academic Office Manager:
The Bangalore Biocluster comprises of NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, inStem (http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell and regenerative and CCAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Biocluster and beyond. It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Biocluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution.
The Biocluster has a common Academic office serving the academic requirements of Faculty at both NCBS and inStem. The Academic Office Manager will work within this Office to help to oversee a range of activities, on behalf of Head Academics. The activities of the Academic Office Manager will help with oversight of the functioning of the academic office in close coordination with other sections in the Institutes. The role will require interfacing with faculty, administrative support and a range of external parties to drive forward the various academic programmes on the campus. The Academic office manager will be a key point of contact for students and researchers for advice on various academic policies of the organization.
Key responsibilities of the Academic Office Manager will include:
- Graduate programme: orientation programmes, overseeing examinations and other modes of assessment for students on the graduate programme, organizing the Admissions Brochure and Handbooks, organising schedules for regular reviews of student research
- Internship programmes with International and National Partners, involving interactions with universities, research institutions, funding agencies and faculty for processing applications and placements of students; overseeing travel details and stay for the students.
- Managing all aspects of selection and award of the the postdoctoral programmes including competitive programmes offered on the campus, some in partnership with overseas Institutes. The person will aid in setting up engagements with international institutions for joint post doctoral Fellows Programmes and coordinate the management and assessments related to the Programme
- Assisting with the organization and planning of specialist schools and courses offered by the faculty.
- Manage a network of past and present members of student and postdoc bodies The above job description is not exhaustive but indicative. S/he is expected to work in close coordination with and report to Head Academics.
Applicants to the role must have:
- A PhD or other academic experience with a basic grasp of a wide range of research areas
- Proven communication skills
- Prior administrative work experience
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Additional relevant experience (desirable):
- Prior experience managing events and organising course and workshops
- Prior experience with academic activities
- Familiarity with online productivity tools
Closing date: 7 November 2014 (Only candidates shortlisted for interview will receive a response)
How to apply:
An application package consisting of the following information should be sent by email to rdoNCBS@gmail.com and by hard copy to the Head, RDO by a deadline of 7 November 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Up-to-date CV highlighting previous relevant experience with names and contact details of two referees. A one-page description (~500 words) of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role
Important Dates to Remember:
Last date to apply: 07.11.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NCBS|