National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) invites application for the recruitment of Animal Facillity Assistants with MSc holders
Company name : National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)
Posts : Animal Facillity Assistants
Qualification : MSc
Salary : Rs. 18000/- p.m.
No of Post : 02
Location : Bangalore
Last date to apply : 31.10.2014
Details of Post :
The Animal Facility Assistant will work within the National Mouse Research Resource (NaMoR) project team to help in maintaining state of the art Mice Facility. The position provides opportunity to work in a world-class high-barrier animal facility and gain expertise in genetic management and husbandry of various inbred, outbred, immune-compromised and transgenic mice strains and overall professional development in a scientifically vibrant environment.
Animal Facillity Assistants:
- No. of Posts: 2
- Qualification & Experience : Masters in any biological sciences discipline with minimum 2 years of research experience.Preference will be given to those with good experience and expertise in health and genetic monitoring techniques.Experience in handling laboratory mice and rats are desirable. Excellent organization, record keeping, and communication skills are essential.
- Pay: Rs. 18,000/- + HRA (senior research fellow scale)
- Contract: Contract will be for a minimum of 2 years with 3 months’ probation. Renewable
- Closing date: 15 days from the date of advertisement (Only candidates shortlisted for interview will receive a response)
Key responsibilities of the selected candidate will include:
- Oversee the routine animal husbandry and welfare activities of animal care takers/support staff and students.
- Assist Veterinarian in providing orientation and training of new students/animal users/care taker staff in proper use of Animal facility, humane handling of animals, the SOPs and assist on-going research work.
- Assist Veterinarian in surgical procedures, anaesthesia, analgesia, breeding and maintenance of animal colonies; weaning, sexing, producing timed pregnant females, packing live animal shipments for export, receiving live animal shipments, quarantine procedures, euthanasia etc.
- Assist Veterinarian in the process of import and export of live laboratory animals, quarterly animal health monitoring programs (in SPF animal colonies), organizing animal ethics committee meetings and record keeping as per CPCSEA guidelines (GOI).
- Record keeping as per CPCSEA guidelines.
- Animal Facility is an essential service, so Assistant should be ready to work in shifts, as per Veterinarian’s instructions.
How to apply:
An application package consisting of the following information should be sent by to Administrative Officer (Establishments), NCBS-TIFR, GKVK campus, Bangalore – 560065 by a deadline of 31/ 10/ 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees.Copies of relevant certificates.
Important dates to remember :
Last date to apply :31.10.2014
|Click here for More Details|
|All Jobs From NCBS|
12-12-2016 , 13-12-2016